Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Hi

I had an issue with the pre battery - suddenly dropping from 30% to nothing in just a few moments.

Called up O2, and they have sent me a "referb" unit.

Its junk. Oreo is terrible, I'm guessing its an old unit as it had 1.1.2 installed.

I've just had a moan and they are sending another...

Does anyone else have experience with O2 referb units? I'm wishing I'd kept the original now.

Thanks,

Rob
    Don't take any of their $hit!
    I sent my wifes 8900 curve in for repair,
    they sent a Bold 9000 back with a knackered track ball.
    Needless to say that got sorted sharpish!
    I think they just chance their luck,
    to see if you'll accept their crap.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I decided to avoid o2....instead I've been sending my pre's to palm...they repaired it twice...and now the same oreo has happened...hopefully this time they give me a new one....

good thing with o2 is that if you send in your phone "3 times" they let you pick a new phone...might be useful when the pre plus comes out
  4. i3
    do you need a reciept to send it to palm or o2? i bought a new one boxed n all off a reseller... but it is not pay monthly,,, i use my own o2 payg sim in there... and... under what conditions can you send it back? is the oreo effect enough? or does there have to be something else? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    do you need a reciept to send it to palm or o2? i bought a new one boxed n all off a reseller... but it is not pay monthly,,, i use my own o2 payg sim in there... and... under what conditions can you send it back? is the oreo effect enough? or does there have to be something else? thanks
    no got mine of ebay...palm had no problems with mien. They took mine under oreo and stiff slider. the phone is off centre so the side isnt flush, and wiggles a little.
  6. i3
    who did you give to? o2? or palm? and how??
    My battery did the same, 02 told me to buy a new one from the 02 website then fax over the receipt and they will credit me for the cost, didn't have to send my pre back at all.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    The replacement should be here this morning..hopefully.

I was a little annoyed when I phoned them, I guess they could tell on the phone and the guy didn't even argue with me. He said he'd put notes on the replacement so hopefully I'll get a good 'un
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    I have a business contract, so I do think we are look after slightly better. In the store in Gloucester they know nothing about the phones, better to call O2 first