Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting a new Pre in order to replace a defective unit, but what steps do I take to get all my info/apps to the new Palm Pre (hopefully not defective)?
  2. #2  
    you just need to sign into the new pre with the same profile you used with the one that is being replaced.
  3. #3  
    Just like stated above simply log into your online palm profile and presto everything goes back to normal. I just got my replacement pre today and I was worried about restoring apps, contacts and such but no! It was painfully easy and in the end i was like whoa nice! However the new phone shipped with the old OS not the 1.4.0 so it took forever to download so check on what OS you have when you get up and going! Good Luck
  4. #4  
    Yes it is as simple as that, palm saves everything in your profile so you are good. But make sure you do press the back up button, your pre should do it once in while by itself, just to be safe, and do it before you give up your old pre :P Good luck with your *new* pre
  5. #5  
    As everyone mentioned, it does it for you when you sign onto your profile. Your pictures, music, videos, and text message chats will not transfer. Any homebrew stuff you have is gone. (Probably already know that)

    Just save all the music, pictures, and videos on your computer and drag them over to the new Pre when you get it.
  6. #6  
    Is there a way to do this that is not OTA?

    I can't get a data plan here is Spain unless I pay extortionate rates so tend to rely on wifi. After doctoring my Pre (which is now on its way back to its maker for repair as the doctor didn't heal it), I blew my credit due to the restore happening OTA, which was a little inconvenient!

    Thanks.
  7. #7  
    nope, you have to do it OTA, since that is the only place your palm profile exists.
  8. #8  
    Alrighty, just got my replacement Pre for the one I dunked in a cup of green tea. Seems decent enough, except the space bar's not as clicky as the rest of the keyboard.

    But, my apps didn't download automatically. I'd wiped and then restored my launch-day Pre a number of times and the apps automatically downloaded. Any idea why they're not doing so with the new one?

    Note that I've check a couple of paid apps and they're available to download for free. So, it's not that the system's not recognizing the profile. I just don't really want to have to tap on each app and initiate the download manually if I can avoid it...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9. #9  
    Check out this new thread about the new Preware application from the WebOS Internals gurus! It will automatically restore your Homebrew applications and Patches! How awesome is that?

    I just swapped my phone for a new one the other day and all of my applications and device setting downloaded from my Palm backup account. But I had to manually add the patches back in.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Check out this new thread about the new Preware application from the WebOS Internals gurus! It will automatically restore your Homebrew applications and Patches! How awesome is that?

    I just swapped my phone for a new one the other day and all of my applications and device setting downloaded from my Palm backup account. But I had to manually add the patches back in.
    Yes, thanks. I'm aware of the need to manually download patches, and etc. It's just really weird that my App Catalog apps aren't automatically coming down. No biggie, it's not hard to manually download them--more of a curiosity, really.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, thanks. I'm aware of the need to manually download patches, and etc. It's just really weird that my App Catalog apps aren't automatically coming down. No biggie, it's not hard to manually download them--more of a curiosity, really.
    That is weird that your catalog apps aren't restoring - I've never had this happen when I've restored (3-4 times). I would suggest that once you get all of your apps back and your device to where you want it... go to your 'backup' app and turn it off, delete your old backup, and then turn it on and perform a new backup. This will replace your old data in case something was corrupt and simply wasn't working as it should.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That is weird that your catalog apps aren't restoring - I've never had this happen when I've restored (3-4 times). I would suggest that once you get all of your apps back and your device to where you want it... go to your 'backup' app and turn it off, delete your old backup, and then turn it on and perform a new backup. This will replace your old data in case something was corrupt and simply wasn't working as it should.
    You read my mind...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. #13  
    I agree with everyone, it is very simple & quick.

    I recv'd my replacement Pre on Friday & everything appeared seemlessly. I did have to call Verizon via my landline as V. will not re-activate your data package without a person to person phone call.

    HOWEVER..Classic Support has to "detach" your old phone from it's app (via serial #) & attach the new. Been waiting since early Saturday AM for this to happen....no response as of 2017EST.....

Posting Permissions