Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    well going back 1.2 didnt work either.....still have the updates bug and auctionmate doesn't appear in the catalog
    i thought the updates bug was part of 1.4 and not due to a bad/corrupt patch.
    There is a nice writeup floating around which works well it has u sign into a temp profile and other ideas. also heard turning off auto backup when doctoring helps too. Plus the secure full erase as i mentioned in my PM.

PS the 800mhz is slick as can be..............gotta visit my bro-in-law and his i-phone now...LOL
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    The updates bug is just because for some reason the App Catalog thinks that you have an app installed that you don't. For me personally, when I ran a webOS Doctor, the app was restored as part of my applications, and then since deleting it, I haven't had the issue again.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    i thought the updates bug was part of 1.4 and not due to a bad/corrupt patch.
    There is a nice writeup floating around which works well it has u sign into a temp profile and other ideas. also heard turning off auto backup when doctoring helps too. Plus the secure full erase as i mentioned in my PM.

PS the 800mhz is slick as can be..............gotta visit my bro-in-law and his i-phone now...LOL
    I am currently secure full erasing my phone from a 1.4 doctor. Then I'm going to doctor and see what happens. Anyone have any idea why some apps won't show up anymore in the app catalog?
  4.    #24  
    still have the application bug and auctionmate still doesn't appear after i search for it....
    Newb here... I need to know how to Dr my phone, where to get the app and how to do it. And what do I lose if I do?
    Thanks
  6.    #26  
    what i'm about to try is just updating the phone OTA....that's what fixed the problem for me when I received this phone about week ago when my old Pre got the spider web crack.
    I upgraded from 1.3.5 -> 1.4 without removing patches (I was relying on AUPT to work) and I had tinkered with getting mobile hotspot working on a non-verizon pre. Now, I have some severe memory leaks, where I'll get a "too many cards" error while doing very pedestrian things. I want to doctor.

So, having said that, does anyone know what should be saved before doing this? I basically want to have my pre set up the way it is now. Same apps, same configuration, etc. I guess to reiterate Lanew's question: What do we lose by doctoring?
  8.    #28  
    so i doctored back to 1.2 and then updated OTA to 1.4.....still get the updates bug and auction mate doesn't show up.
  9.    #29  
    does anyone have the link for the 1.3.5.1 doctor?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

You can get it from here:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
  11.    #31  
    links are dead...thanks anyway
    Doctoring isn't going to get rid of the application updates bug. It's not an OS error, it has something to do with your Palm Profile. Also, about the theory that it's because of a stuck application that will come back when you reload your Palm Profile after a doctoring/full erase - it may or may not work. When I had to doctor the first time, I was getting the application updates message for no reason, and when I reloaded my Palm Profile, I had an application show up that I had deleted a long time ago. I updated it, then deleted it, since this is what the prevailing theory said to do to fix it. The error persisted. When I doctored a second time, there were no ghost or stuck applications that installed, and I still had the error. So don't count on doctoring to fix it, and I wouldn't bother to doctor (again) if this is the only bug you have, because odds are, you're not going to gain anything from it.
    I did a full erase and doctoring a few hours back. It was running really smoothly so I did the 800mhz patch and now it is amazing! Why didn't oalm make the stock clock 800?
    I have. I successfully did a full erase and then doctored my phone to 1.4 and all my problems, complains and issues with 1.4 went away... All my apps and data came in thru my Palm Profile without and issues..
    I currently have 69 patches, 61 apps, and a few services, linux apps and such.
  15.    #35  
    well, I don't want to delete my profile because I have games that I've paid for on it. i really don't know what to do....as I know the cause of my problem is Auction Mate, but it won't show up in the App Catalog.
    even if you erase your palm profile, when, it will NOT delete your apps.

(your palm profile will tie the app ID's so when you relogin into your profile, the apps will redownload)

contacts, task, and calendar however will be erased.

to start off pure fresh, you need to turn backup OFF, then doctor to 1.2, then to 1.3.1 (to add usb DIAG), then to 1.4 (3 times doctoring)

or you can turn backup OFF, then go to device info, then FULL reset.

Note: you cannot doctor from 1.2 then go straight to 1.4 when usin the 800mhz patch.. (some 'special' files are added in the 1.3.1 doctor)

these files include the USB DIAG drivers and some files relating to the overlock 800 kernal

I learned this the hard way, been there done that
    well, I don't want to delete my profile because I have games that I've paid for on it. i really don't know what to do....as I know the cause of my problem is Auction Mate, but it won't show up in the App Catalog.
    Auction Mate is not currently in the catalog. I suspect it was pulled for one reason or another. It will likely show back up.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    even if you erase your palm profile, when, it will NOT delete your apps.

(your palm profile will tie the app ID's so when you relogin into your profile, the apps will redownload)

contacts, task, and calendar however will be erased.

to start off pure fresh, you need to turn backup OFF, then doctor to 1.2, then to 1.3.1 (to add usb DIAG), then to 1.4 (3 times doctoring)

or you can turn backup OFF, then go to device info, then FULL reset.

Note: you cannot doctor from 1.2 then go straight to 1.4 when usin the 800mhz patch.. (some 'special' files are added in the 1.3.1 doctor)

these files include the USB DIAG drivers and some files relating to the overlock 800 kernal

I learned this the hard way, been there done that
    i'm going to turn back-up off and then full secure erase.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Auction Mate is not currently in the catalog. I suspect it was pulled for one reason or another. It will likely show back up.
    so could that be the reason i'm seeing the update bug? because it thinks i'm supposed to have it but it's not in the catalog anymore?
    Did you find a link for 1.3.5.1 Doctor?? I'm going to try that as my pre has continued to restart requiring reentry of all passwords etc. several times daily since 1.4, and 1.4.1. No patches. This, even after several complete erases. I'm truely at a loss.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast