Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    haha win!
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Agreed. You couldn't go a NFL Sunday, without seeing that Steelers's chick, leaving her bubble, and going to other's networks, with her trusty Palm Pre.
    If i cant flick a card on the EVO to close an App. i simply dont care about it. Its more Samsung Instinct/ChocolateTouch/WinMO resembling crap. GO ask any android owner why their bag of crap crashes every 20 min or why iPhone owners freeze up when they get a call while playing GTA. You will come to realize that this was the best the whole time and this phone is essentially a more juiced HD2 that has already been out (non in US) for over a year.
    Yeah if the EVO rand webOS id buy it. But it doesn't. Plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    If i cant flick a card on the EVO to close an App. i simply dont care about it. Its more Samsung Instinct/ChocolateTouch/WinMO resembling crap. GO ask any android owner why their bag of crap crashes every 20 min or why iPhone owners freeze up when they get a call while playing GTA. You will come to realize that this was the best the whole time and this phone is essentially a more juiced HD2 that has already been out (non in US) for over a year.
    What? Come on now. If Android phones crashed every 20 minutes, they'd be as poorly-regarded as Blackberry Storm V1, and the sales would reflect that. They don't because Android doesn't. In 4 months of HTC Hero usage, I had the phone crash on me once. I reset it due to glitchiness also once. In the past month, I've manually reset my Pre daily, and had it crash on me four times.

I know people here are all about flicking cards to closing apps, but as the frequent "Too Many Cards" errors I have seen with no apps open have told me, that isn't as decisive or immediate as you might think.

To equate the Evo with the Samsung Instinct is just "fan.boi" stupidity.
    I equate the Droid Android OS to the samsung instinct and no not a fan boy. I find the interface atrocious, the web browsing stinks and the camera is very sub par. The advertising though is awesome. My friends droid crashes on him daily. He went from an iPhone to a droid. he loves the thing. just cant stand the shakyness of the OS. It crashes on him all the time when using SSH terminal and connecting to our work servers to check uptime/stats and reboot when needed.

I don't get the too many cards error because i use JStop to close out whatever leftover apps hog the memory. So i dont have to reboot but do once a day.
    Back to the thread. Newer and more powerful phones will be coming out faster than ever, the competition is out of control. Palm needs to really step it up with the next WebOS phone, not just match the current devices. Operating systems don't sell phones or drive the market place. WebOS is amazing and is proof that even with a great OS you can be struggling big time...
    I equate the Droid Android OS to the samsung instinct and no not a fan boy. I find the interface atrocious, the web browsing stinks and the camera is very sub par. The advertising though is awesome. My friends droid crashes on him daily. He went from an iPhone to a droid. he loves the thing. just cant stand the shakyness of the OS. It crashes on him all the time when using SSH terminal and connecting to our work servers to check uptime/stats and reboot when needed.

I don't get the too many cards error because i use JStop to close out whatever leftover apps hog the memory. So i dont have to reboot but do once a day.
    Well, nothing like using one experience to evaluate a platform objectively for everyone. Maybe that explains the dismal and constantly diminishing WebOS sales?

Is it not possible to enjoy the best (for you) of a number of good choices without demeaning the other choices? I've used WebOS and I have used Android. They each have benefits the other has. I'm using a Pre at the moment simply because I wanted to check out video recording (buggy, but definitely of a higher quality than the HTC Hero) and PDK gaming (sucks up too much memory on my Sprint Pre, and not even jStop helps). I definitely realized how much I missed visual multitasking and cards. WebOS is pretty darn good, even with the problems I have with it.

But so is Android, and neither of us have used/seen Android 2.1 and neither of us have used it on a handset with 512MB of RAM or a Snapdragon processor.

WebOS on a Sprint Pixi is not the same as WebOS on a Palm Pre Plus. So why be so dismissive of the Evo and its OS before you actually get a chance to see it for yourself?
    So 10 months after the EVO, when company X comes out with phone X and Sprint calls that phone their flagship device, they're throwing the EVO under the bus? No, it's called calling out their newest phone. Lame thread.
    As a heads up my friend with a pos motorola droid loses her outlook email settings probably once every few days and has to setup email over and over again. The lame battery cover falls off sometimes (hello again motorola q). Not to mention the UI looks like it was designed by a blind man. (no offense to stevie wonder)
    The HTC EVO is a monster. It's a killer phone. No, it doesn't run WebOS, but it runs Android, and that is compelling for some folks.

Quick tour of the hardware specs:

• 4G
    • 480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD
    • Snapdragon QSD8650 at 1GHz
    • 1GB of built-in memory with 512MB of RAM for apps
    • 8 megapixel camera with flash - capable of 720p video
    • *another* front mounted camera...this one at 1.3 megapixels
    • HDMI out
    • 802.11b/g WiFi
    • microSD slot...and ships with an 8GB card

Yeah, that's a flagship phone.
    i think it would have been more shocking if the pre had just stayed the flagship phone. because when your in a technology company the obvious key to success is to keep aging hardware in place when watching the competition move forward
    Sprint needs to get the BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    My old instinct was their flagship phone! Havent seen an Instinct commercial in a long time. They seem to only concentrate on one phone at a time. Sometimes they have a commercial with 3 phones but its just tween texting phones mostly. Theres always going to be something new to focus on. They just didnt do so good on focusing on the pre with the creepy redhead lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by pahomefinders View Post
    i think it would have been more shocking if the pre had just stayed the flagship phone. because when your in a technology company the obvious key to success is to keep aging hardware in place when watching the competition move forward
    Agreed. Every company comes out with a new, better product on a regular basis, and the resellers that want to keep older customers and draw in new customers goes with that flow. Stagnating on one product will just kill sales and lose customers. If the best product you have gets continuously bad reviews, but that's all you plan on selling as top of the line for a few years........good bye customer base.
    the pre freezes up too. i have a screenshot of today where my phone was still running ON AIRPLANE MODE!! because of an incoming text

thank you mytether
    you know what... someone should make a followup thread on that tattoo guy who tattooed a pre on his arm and how he feels about the EVO coming up?

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    The HTC EVO is a monster. It's a killer phone. No, it doesn't run WebOS, but it runs Android, and that is compelling for some folks.

Quick tour of the hardware specs:

• 4G
    • 480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD
    • Snapdragon QSD8650 at 1GHz
    • 1GB of built-in memory with 512MB of RAM for apps
    • 8 megapixel camera with flash - capable of 720p video
    • *another* front mounted camera...this one at 1.3 megapixels
    • HDMI out
    • 802.11b/g WiFi
    • microSD slot...and ships with an 8GB card

Yeah, that's a flagship phone.
    thanks for not being a palm kool aid drinker