Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    How is this surprising? Sprint always introduces a new "flagship" phone after x-amount of time.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    "And what would all that media love be worth without an HDMI out port, so it's got one of those, too." ~ Source

Who can argue with that?

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    uh the pre is almost a year and half old. if the pre was still sprints flagship phone then that would be bad. perhaps palm needs a newer bigger stronger faster model. just a suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    Simple fix for Palm: make a webOS phone that exceeds the specs of the Evo....
    You buy the DeLorean, and i'll make the flux capacitor.. Almost forgot, we need plutonium, Anyone got a pinball machine i could "borrow"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    How is this surprising? The pre hasn't been selling, and the evo looks amazing

fixed...

(i still prefer the pre, but business wise... Not to mention they want to sell 4g, (which is kinda their last hope at gaining market share)
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    So much for Palm helping bring Sprint into the smartphone arena.
    I think the HTC EVO gets a huge FAIL! No hardware keyboard? FAIL!!! No WebOS? FAIL!!!

Thanks to Nappy for pointing out that it does have GPS.
    Last edited by PreMium; 03/24/2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    uh the pre is almost a year and half old. if the pre was still sprints flagship phone then that would be bad. perhaps palm needs a newer bigger stronger faster model. just a suggestion
    Consumer wise, its less than a year old. But it still is way behind, imo.
    Uh, the EVO has GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I think the EVO gets a huge FAIL! No GPS??? What's up with that? That alone is one reason the EVO would never work for me. GPS is a must have for me. No hardware keyboard? FAIL!!! No WebOS? FAIL!!! 3 Strikes and it's out! FAIL!!!
    ummm.. It has gps... /fail on you...
    Hey its all about the palm pre... And thats final
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    I could care less about palm hardware. They need to pimp their OS out to another phone manufacturer.
    For the longest while I fooled myself into thinking that I loved Palm itself. But I really just loved web/os. What I really want is web/os on hardware built by Motorola. Remember when the razor hit? Wake up Palm!!! U have an excellent os. Get hardware deserving of web/os or someone else will, once ur out of business.
    Thats funny!
    Can't really blame Sprint. They lost a ton of money on the Pre. I'm sure they are quite tired of all the negative image attached to the Pre, poor quality, limited apps, etc.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    Sprint has been talking 4G for 2 years, of course the first 4G phone on their network will be considered the flagship phone... If Palm can also match that phone it can become the flagship... heck, flagship phones change every few months on every network but AT&Apple...
    Palm doesn't need to "match;" they need to leap frog the competition. Matching is what got Palm where they are today with the Pre. They matched the iphone 3g and then apple smacked them down with the 3gs and then discounted the 3g just to rub it in. Leap frogging and good marketing is what Palm needs before 2010 is finished or else bye bye Palm.
    Palm needs sharks with laser's on their heads. Palm Shark 2010!!!! WAR PALM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    Hey its all about the palm pre... And thats final
    lol I think it is funny that you are a verizon supervisor, but you have a sprint phone.
  17.    #77  
    My point was HTC talked about how they've been working with Sprint for a few years on this - why didn't they give Palm a chance to develop their first 4G phone?
    ummm, it's up to Palm to one-up HTC. I like webos but i'm not disagreeing with Sprint. Release a higher spec phone and you will be flagship again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    So much for Palm helping bring Sprint into the smartphone arena.
    This needed to be done sooner. The pre hardware is garbage and i mean it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    ummm, it's up to Palm to one-up HTC. I like webos but i'm not disagreeing with Sprint. Release a higher spec phone and you will be flagship again.
    I doubt palm will do that! they are broke.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast