Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    So much for Palm helping bring Sprint into the smartphone arena.
    Sprint has been talking 4G for 2 years, of course the first 4G phone on their network will be considered the flagship phone... If Palm can also match that phone it can become the flagship... heck, flagship phones change every few months on every network but AT&Apple...
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Actually,
    Palm threw Sprint under the bus last year, when they sold them a bag of rocks.
    LOL. Right on!
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    It's so sad. So much hatred for a great phone. I don't understand why there is so much negative feeling about the Pre. It's not perfect, but it is the best phone I ever had. If people hate it so much, why are they still on this forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    It's so sad. So much hatred for a great phone. I don't understand why there is so much negative feeling about the Pre. It's not perfect, but it is the best phone I ever had. If people hate it so much, why are they still on this forum?
    Because we love it here.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/24/2010 at 08:07 PM.
    flagship phones
    2003-8200 first camera phone with RL
    2004-sanyo 8300 with sprint tv,ppc 6700
    2005-samsung blade first phone with evdo
    2006-sanyo katana series and ttreo 700wx. First built in evdo pda and first flat sanyo
    2008-instinct, treo 800, centro. Tried to topple iphone
    2007-htc mogul and motorola ic902
    2009- palm pre
    2010- htc evo
    I totally agree with JC924. If you don't like the pre buy another phone. It works perfect for me and there are pleanty of apps avail. Who needs 1,000 fart apps?
    Oh god, are we back on the 1000 fart apps thing?
    Sprint has invested a ton of money into WiMax. It seems like it is due or die for them, and HTC has a 4g phone out before Palm does. If Palm had it's 4G device already out, I would expect it to be the flagship device.
    well this has nothing to do with sprint throwing palm under the bus, what a bad statment. Sprint is fighting to stay alive too, and at the moment the android buzz is huge, and releasing this type of phone compiled with everything people love right now on the market is smart for sprint. Yes palm needs to release another phone, and utilize sprints wimax, make a larger screen, and maybe ditch the keybord if it isnt going to be a landscape one. They need to reinvent the htc pro2 with atleast a 3.7 inch screen with 1ghz processor 1 gig ram and rom so it can multitask with no problem. Also I wounder why anaylist state it was a bad move for palm to release it on sprint first, because last time I check Sprint sold over 2 million palm pres to date, more then the Nexus one sold and the droid believe it or not only sold alittle over 3 million with all the hype behind it.
    and also I believe the reason the pre gets passed on is because people jumped on the wagon of single slate designs with over 4 inch screens. Imagine if the pre was a slate phone (which would have helped palm yes) they would prob have sold double what they have sold already, of course a slate phone with a bigger screen initially. though the design was a totally different design, yes imo it was a bad move by palm they should have just made a single slate phone just like the comp, or a landscape slider. Hopefully Palm has learned their lesson, and release a single slate phone or a portrait slider with a big screen and specs.
    wow 1000 fart apps? Count me in! Lol I'm kiddin. But seriously it's not about the fart apps, it's mainnstream apps like banking,news, weather,and slingplayer coming soon. It's becoming more mainstream then webos which is still a raindrop in a giant pond. When webos gets more mainstream apps then instead of find coffee for .99 cents of bad kitty for 2.99 or cheeseburger net or toddler timeout. These are useless and a waste of money that you could do in many obvious ways with ur webos phone. I want something useful,not useless
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    i dont think anyone on PREcentral is hating on the Pre... Its just being objective... the phones a year old... the technology is from 2008... time to move on brotha... i love WebOS but my experience with my Pre has been buggy as hell.. for now i think my next phone will be the EVO unless Palm come out with something better...
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Well, I for one don't want a slate phone. Maybe that's the latest fad, but the Pre form factor is what I want in a phone. I want a phone that fits in my hand, is unobtrusive on my belt, doesn't weigh too much and has a vertical keyboard. That's the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    So much for Palm helping bring Sprint into the smartphone arena.
    they aren't throwing palm under the bus. They are simply supporting the best phone. Palms throwing palm under the bus.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Oh god, are we back on the 1000 fart apps thing?
    No. Anyone using "fart apps" as some sort of slam against other phones isn't worth addressing because they have no idea what the world looks like now. MLB. Facebook. Banking. Shopping. Photo Editing. Uploaders. Games. Street Fighter IV!. NPR. CNN. The amount of quality apps in app catalogs are so far beyond the "gimmicks". And in Palms case, many of them aren't available to us.

Palm isn't being dumped as "Flagship" because they failed at the beginning. They are being dumped because they couldn't keep up with the industry.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    What is Sprint supposed to do? Claim a phone that is 9 months old is their flagship? You realize they are competing against AT&T and Verizon, right? Hey, check out our flagship phone that was unveiled over 14 months ago! Nevermind this new device we have, you know, with 4G internet, twice the screen resolution, twice the RAM, a way better processor, two awesome cameras and a better supported OS.

Palm failed itself. It released half-baked software on a half-baked device. They came up with a beautifully elegant OS idea, but built it out of duct tape and caulk. It is a shame, but Palm deserves to fail and that is what they are getting.
    Why are we still talking about this
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    No. Anyone using "fart apps" as some sort of slam against other phones isn't worth addressing because they have no idea what the world looks like now. MLB. Facebook. Banking. Shopping. Photo Editing. Uploaders. Games. Street Fighter IV!. NPR. CNN. The amount of quality apps in app catalogs are so far beyond the "gimmicks". And in Palms case, many of them aren't available to us.

Palm isn't being dumped as "Flagship" because they failed at the beginning. They are being dumped because they couldn't keep up with the industry.
    I WISH WE HAD STREET FIGHTER 4!!
    since HTC is coming out with the EVO I'm hoping palm hurries up and comes out with the palm impreza STI edition. Then blackberry skyline and the motorola hemi. Samsung Z edition.

lol heres hoping for a M edition phone built by BMW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Oh well..thats what Palm gets for making a horrible hardware and not paying attention to details.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    If Palm had not built a bus that had constant maintenance problems and required being put up on blocks, there would be no reason for anyone to be under it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    How is it throwing Palm under the bus to call a phone that is better than the Pre in every way (minus maybe the OS) your flagship device?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Actually,
    Palm threw Sprint under the bus last year, when they sold them a bag of rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    WebOS owns.
    Palm hardware FAILS!
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    they aren't throwing palm under the bus. They are simply supporting the best phone. Palms throwing palm under the bus.
    These.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast