Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 118
  1. #21  
    Truth be told, if your phone of 6 months ago ISN'T trumped by a new product, than I'd be REALLY frightened.

    I wonder how many product engineers end up going nuts trying to keep what they're working on when the CIO is proclaiming the greatest thing in the worl and the engineer knows it's already outdated tech...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Actually,
    Palm threw Sprint under the bus last year, when they sold them a bag of river stones.
    There, i fixed it for you.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    There, i fixed it for you.
    Heh heh, thanx.
    Good catch.
  4. #24  
    c'mon people, this had to happen sometime. The pre is pushin the one year mark. What other phone besides the iphone has ever held the flagship position this long??
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Who can blame them really..? Hopefully they'll have a new flagship phone made by Palm this summer..
    I could care less about palm hardware. They need to pimp their OS out to another phone manufacturer.
  6. #26  
    I'm kinda torn. I love Sprint. Been a customer for over 10 years. Best plans of ANY carrier. PERIOD! I also love Palm. I've been a Palm owner since the old Handspring Visor days (how many people remember that?). I'm very happy for Sprint because they were losing subscribers by the thousands but with the EVO, I here iPhone ******* ready to jump ship and abandon the Godphone and ATT to head for Sprint. This is a huge win for Sprint. But at the same time this might KILL Palm is they don't come out with new hardware, SOON! This just seems like a win/lose situation for me personally because I MAY jump on the Android ship if Palm doesn't make a move...
  7. leroove's Avatar
    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #27  
    WebOS owns.
    Palm hardware FAILS!
  8. #28  
    Good for Sprint! You know, when Sprint was trying to claim the Palm Pre as it's flagship, and how every other carrier was saying that the Pre was coming to them in six months time? Remember how Sprint was trying to claim the Palm Pre as their device, but the Pre went to Verizon, putting significant egg on Sprint's collective faces? So this is poetic justice, if Palm doesn't come out with a new device, that has similar specs as this BEAST, then Palm deserves what it gets. And it's no coincidnce that this device will come out a year later, after us true Palm fans stood outside of Sprint's doors on June 6, 2009, just in time to use our annual free upgrade.
  9. #29  
    Palm just better a hope that a small % of the people in China buy a Pre.. 1% of 1 billion would be 10 million handsets... that ought'a bring in some cash. lol
  10. #30  
    lmao
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Obviously! I'm sure Rubinstein just forgot to mention the Dual-Snapdragon, 6-inch SuperAMOLED screen, 64GB, dual 14-megapixel cam with Carl Zeiss lens slate with carbon-fiber QWERTY they have lined up for release on all four carriers in 30 days for $50 with a $500 mail-in rebate.

    Simple fix.
    you meant two snapdragon processors right?

    dual core baby
  12. #32  
    It's just business, nothing else, Sprint has 4g here now and is expanding it to more locations and HTC stepped up to the plate and developed a smartphone for them. What's the big deal?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It's just business, nothing else, Sprint has 4g here now and is expanding it to more locations and HTC stepped up to the plate and developed a smartphone for them. What's the big deal?
    +1 they already had a relationship with them in the past, so how hard can it really be for palm to dump hardware design on htc and just concentrate on the ui
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    WebOS owns.
    Palm hardware FAILS!
    i agree to a certain extent...my 1st pre has mild to medium oreo...my 2nd is perfect....but the evo 4g is effin amazing....thats all....and screw android (again)
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  15. #35  
    I wouldnt call it "Throwing it under the bus"...it a business Palm had its chance and overwhelming response is hardware issues...besides Sprint it self is a struggling company and any life line that will bring back customers is fair play. Palm really need to make some kind of announcement on their up coming phone. The Smartphone market is moving really fast...they need to keep up with the market.
  16. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #36  
    Just wait for the palm pre 5g with holographic interface. Oh, sorry, I'm from the future. Didn't mean to cross your timeline. Forget what I said.
  17. #37  
    Another thread started with a ridiculous over dramatic title.
  18. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Another thread started with a ridiculous over dramatic title.
    Just my point, thanks D.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    Good for Sprint! You know, when Sprint was trying to claim the Palm Pre as it's flagship, and how every other carrier was saying that the Pre was coming to them in six months time? Remember how Sprint was trying to claim the Palm Pre as their device, but the Pre went to Verizon, putting significant egg on Sprint's collective faces? So this is poetic justice, if Palm doesn't come out with a new device, that has similar specs as this BEAST, then Palm deserves what it gets. And it's no coincidnce that this device will come out a year later, after us true Palm fans stood outside of Sprint's doors on June 6, 2009, just in time to use our annual free upgrade.
    But that's just it: Sprint NEVER made the Palm Pre it's flagship device. They did almost zero advertising for it. And when it came out last year, they had very few advertisements. It was almost like they were scared to put too much money behind it and as a result it was considered a so-so beginning.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    But that's just it: Sprint NEVER made the Palm Pre it's flagship device. They did almost zero advertising for it. And when it came out last year, they had very few advertisements. It was almost like they were scared to put too much money behind it and as a result it was considered a so-so beginning.
    Ummm no the Pre was deff their flagship device in 09.. it was all over their "Its the now network" Ads
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions