Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I kinda wanna doctor my phone, so I can a totally FRESH slate when it comes to speed and everything (maybe I shouldnt?)

But before I do, I have a few q's

1) Will all my patches be removed?

2) Will all my homebrew apps be removed??

3) I have the 'Add Launcher Pages' and 'Named Launcher Pages' patch, will those be removed? I have 5 pages currently, so after, will I have 3? It takes a LONG *** TIME to organize everything by moving them around and around with only my finger lol

4) Should I even doctor to begin with?
    What do you mean. "800Mhz is coming out"? Some sorta tweak?

And yeah when you doctor your phone you totally reset it to factory original, except for the carrier data.
    Wait...What!..When does the 800Mhz patch come out?...I had no idea we're getting a 800mhz patch!..SWEET!
    And yeah....What Nordicman said...
    theres no doctoring involved, you just install thru webos quick install. after you install, (theres a video and picture guide to show you how in development forums) you just reboot phone.

personally im gunna go with the 720 patch first, if that isn't enough then i'l resort to 800!

this patch is gunna be a huge overnight improvement to webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    theres no doctoring involved, you just install thru webos quick install. after you install, (theres a video and picture guide to show you how in development forums) you just reboot phone.

personally im gunna go with the 720 patch first, if that isn't enough then i'l resort to 800!

this patch is gunna be a huge overnight improvement to webos.
    When is it being released for 1.4?
    The 600 Mhz patch has totally rezoned my phone. webOS 1.4 was like pouring molasses in the works but I installed the 600Mhz patch and it is better than new...I can't wait for 800Mhz...oh I had patches and tweaks that had blown up with 1.4. webOS repair utility fixed it up and the patch was smoother than silk. Even a novice like me can do it.

Look for it coming soon
    wow you guys are in the dark ages !! lol . the patch should be out today maybe in a min or an hour. you dont need to do anything but remove any speed type patches you have on your phone and give your processor about 30 min to kool down before installing the new kernel ipk or file which ever it will be. the ipk file had some issues that are being worked on now and hopefully it will make it easier for noob's to install but if not the file script will be released . one or the other .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    So I kinda wanna doctor my phone, so I can a totally FRESH slate when it comes to speed and everything (maybe I shouldnt?)

But before I do, I have a few q's

1) Will all my patches be removed?

2) Will all my homebrew apps be removed??

3) I have the 'Add Launcher Pages' and 'Named Launcher Pages' patch, will those be removed? I have 5 pages currently, so after, will I have 3? It takes a LONG *** TIME to organize everything by moving them around and around with only my finger lol

4) Should I even doctor to begin with?
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The 800 mhz patch is not official. Not supported by Palm. At your own risk.
    YES ^^^^^
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    When is it being released for 1.4?
    it's supposed to be released today.

im guessing around night time, maybe 8-10pm EST
    I removed the 600 patch and really notice a difference in speed. Really excited to see the 800MHz on my pre. Thanks for all the hard work guys!
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSS!...sliky smooth...I LOVE PRECENTRAL...Dont like Palm as a company so much...But i like the Palm Pre lol.
  14.    #14  
    This thread was about my questions TYVM, not about the patch and when it's coming out. Go look at the other threads.
    Waaaaah. I don't have WebOS QI at home, but I gotta get outta here!

Sigh. Tomorrow, I guess.
    This thread was about my questions TYVM, not about the patch and when it's coming out. Go look at the other threads.
    i answered for you my friend only thing you should worry about is if you have a patch for your processor right now! if you like you can doctor your phone just to do it . but you dont need to !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  17.    #17  
    Damnit......okay then I guess I won't doctor. I just don't wanna mess up my launcher pages. That's the main thing I'm worried about.
    Damnit......okay then I guess I won't doctor. I just don't wanna mess up my launcher pages. That's the main thing I'm worried about.
    it wont touch them ok ! i promise ! well unless you screw something up with the install that is ha ha ha ha..... sorry just messin!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Please join the fun in the link below. It's worse than the wait for 1.4 and flash combined...but I must admit, it has more potential!

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...l-out-wed.html
    what about unthrottle download manager? should i uninstall that patch before installing 720 or 800?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast