Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    so you telling me u prefer the SERO plan instead of the Everything Date plan? that's silly!!
    SERO *was* the original Everything Data plan... but for, literally, less than half the cost of the ED plan. Adding $10 GPS would put a SERO plan just over half the cost of the ED plan.

What's so silly about SERO again? Oh yea... Sprint FORCES you to switch away from it if you want a bad ayse phone.

But yea... 4G is overrated this year and will be next year too. You might be fine with "just keep using 3g"... but I will not buy a 4g device if there's no 4g in the air. I will not pay MORE for a device than I have to, a device that will drain my battery EVEN FASTER than a multitasking javascript OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I hope so, but there's no guarantee of that. Plus the EVO offers 8person tethering which makes it a built in MiFi. Whether or not Sprint gives that as a "freebie" is up in the air.
    No. It's not up in the air. They will charge, because they have to. This is the NEW Sprint. They are getting in line with every other carrier, which is both good and bad for consumers at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I am right there with you
    +2
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    No. It's not up in the air. They will charge, because they have to. This is the NEW Sprint. They are getting in line with every other carrier, which is both good and bad for consumers at the same time.
    Well they are NOT going to charge any extra for 4g so that's definitely a step in the right direction
    I love my Palm Pre, but I'm seriously looking forward to that HTC Evo. I'm not too crazy about HTC's Sense UI overlay, but the phone sounds like a powerhouse. One I'd gladly have to fuel my workday.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Front facing camera would be worthless without 4g. And being in a non 4g market, I could care less if palm supports it or not. I probably wouldn't want the extra cost even if I could get 4g.
    WiFi?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    There wasn't an increase? Silly me. I seem to remember dumping a SERO plan for the Pre. Everything Data was an increase. That's from rev 0 to rev a

Even moving up to rev 0 required a Power Vision addon or whatever it was.
    Faulty reasoning. You can get a Touch Pro 2, Blackberry Tour, HTC Snap, Samsung Intrepid, any QChat phone and probably some others on SERO and those are all Rev. A phones.
    I'm being sorely tempted by the Evo, but depending on Sprint's marketing decisions, the 4g might actually be a dealbreaker for me.

Where I live, I'm lucky to get 3g EVDO in some locations; most of the time I'm either chugging along on 1xRTT or using WiFi. If Sprint only offers 4g-capable phones on a more expensive 4g plan, it's not worth it to me even if the phone has other features that I like.

So, bottom line, absolutely I'd spring for a WebOS phone that had the hardware features of the Evo but was missing 4g. I'm not going to benefit from 4g during the life of my next phone anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawvega View Post
    Faulty reasoning. You can get a Touch Pro 2, Blackberry Tour, HTC Snap, Samsung Intrepid, any QChat phone and probably some others on SERO and those are all Rev. A phones.
    But would you want any of those phones? Are they really considered consumer smartphones like the Pre or Evo? It's not faulty..Sprint raised prices on data plans and required them on newer smartphones.
    Folks, there will be NO price increase for 3G/4G phones. Same ED plans as the Pre, same price.

While not announced, it is nearly certain that Sprint will charge for the ability to use the WiFi hotspot feature just as they have for all of the other phones that officially supported tethering. Considering that their 5GB 3G/ Unlimited 4G datacard plan is $60/month I would reason they will price the add-on for the Evo at $30/month. Again, this would be an optional service for those who wanted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It's not that Palm doesn't have it in them, it's that the Supersonic has been under development for quite some time. Also, the Supersonic is running a seasoned OS (Android) as opposed to Palm having to start from the ground up.

On the hw side, Palm doesn't have an excuse to update the Pre. 4G to me isn't completely needed. I'm still wanting to see battery performance on any 4G device. Also, will it suffer from the same type of battery hit when a 4G signal is NOT available (3g -> 1x battery hits).

I'm still not set on single task phones. After true multi-tasking, it would be difficult for me to go backwards.

Throw WebOS onto that type of EVO spec'd hw and I'm sold. Otherwise, I'll wait and see what Palm unveils later this yr.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Folks, there will be NO price increase for 3G/4G phones. Same ED plans as the Pre, same price.
    If true, good news, although I wistfully note that it might tip the balance for me to jump to Android to get my hands on this hardware. Can you cite a source for this info?
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    if we get HDMI, 8MP front camera, a bigger screen, But... no 4G Palm device, will you still consider it a competition? Any device with no 4G capability from now on is a complete fail. what ya think?
    I happen to live in an area that supports 4g so... No I would not purchase a non 4g palm product. If Palm comes out with a 4g smartphone, then I will consider upgrading to it as long as the hardware is solid. If it feels like the Pre? No.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It's not that Palm doesn't have it in them, it's that the Supersonic has been under development for quite some time. Also, the Supersonic is running a seasoned OS (Android) as opposed to Palm having to start from the ground up.

On the hw side, Palm doesn't have an excuse to update the Pre. 4G to me isn't completely needed. I'm still wanting to see battery performance on any 4G device. Also, will it suffer from the same type of battery hit when a 4G signal is NOT available (3g -> 1x battery hits).

I'm still not set on single task phones. After true multi-tasking, it would be difficult for me to go backwards.

Throw WebOS onto that type of EVO spec'd hw and I'm sold. Otherwise, I'll wait and see what Palm unveils later this yr.
    +1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12