No, the Nexus One was second. The Pre was very close but had problems near the edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    No, the Nexus One was second. The Pre was very close but had problems near the edge.
    From what I saw the Nexus One placed second if both tests were taken in to consideration but the Pre won if just the medium touch test was considered valid.
    All the touchscreens are fine in my opinion.
    wow... I guess the iphone truly is a great product...
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    In one little corner... yes, the Pre had problem near that one corner. But the Nexus One had problems ALL OVER.

I didn't just pull that quote out of my a-hole. The reviewers are the ones who placed Pre at second in the medium test, which is more than fair.

At least we all know why our Pres sometimes seem unresponsive when touched "lightly". Has to do with conductivity of glass -vs- plastic. But plastic is still doing A-OK in my experience... better than other phones I've tested (again.. excluding the glass iPhone).

But I'd rather have plastic anyway. I've dropped this phone a dozen times, and it just keeps on ticking. Barely even any play in the slider. Dunno w-t-f people b!tch about so often.
    It's too bad that they couldn't be consistent with how close they tested to the edge of the touchscreen. With the Pre, they go up against almost all 4 edges, but look at how much room there is between the box of the Nexus One and the edge of the screen... Either way, overall, I must say that I am impressed with the iPhone results.. c'mon Palm, time to step up your game!! :-)
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Either way, overall, I must say that I am impressed with the iPhone results.. c'mon Palm, time to step up your game!! :-)
    Honestly, I'm not sure if it's possible for them to step up their game unless they go with glass.

Palm went with plastic, instead... and I'm a happier person because of it. I'm positive that I would've cracked my screen if it were really glass.

I don't think people really think about all the trade-offs sometimes.

Yea... the EVO 4G has wimax (but you'll doubtfully experience any benefit from wimax this year, and quite possibly pay more to get shorter battery life) and also has an 8MP camera (but I doubt that the quality of the photos will warrant a 3x increase in storage/bandwidth consumption, and again... you'll likely be paying more for a "more digitized", pixelated output).... etcetera.

Sure, the Pre's screen could be flawless, but then it's more likely to crack after a break... and considering how often most people drop their phones...

I'd say that Palm actually did an amazing job when it comes to engineering trade-offs.

A BIGGER plastic screen sans keyboard would make me happier. Wouldn't even need to add WiMax or new cpu/gpu at all (just overclock stock to 720 MHz )!! Only thing I need from the Pre Plus is double the ram.

Ahh... trade-offs.