1.    #1  
    Does anyone think that WebOS will get this new Swype stuff for usages?!?! I think that it would make the Pre and Pixi soo much bette (it's already the greatest phone that I've had)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Swype is for on-screen keyboards, so no.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Try complete and proper sentences. What the heck are you talking about? Skype?

Not yet would be the answer and not likely with the way WebOS devices are just flying out of the stores.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    swype would be awesome on the pre, but also the compasitve touch screen would probably make it useless. It requires some precision. My wife has it on her omnia and it is the best way to text by far when you don't have a keyboard and maybe even easier than a keyboard.
    i have the beta on my droid eris. and would LOVE to see it on my pre. Don't see it coming anytime soon tho as there isnt a real onscreen keyboard that is useable on the phone in all apps without a patch. So we will see. Nunance ( the creator of t9) is also working on a swype type keyboard that they hope to bring to android soon. hope they send some love our way.
    SCK Manager
    I agree... on-screen keyboards have never been appealing 'til I saw this on Engadget today.

At this point... a Palm "EVO 3G" w/ gesture area (meta-tap area ) would be really swell. Think Dieter's been right about the big screen. I might not use it for my phone, but I'd definitely use it alright.

Drop the keyboard. Gimme big screen. Larger battery would come naturally.

The EVO really is just great dimensions. The 4G is a plus... but an EVO 3G should get better battery life and cost less.
    why can't they create a virtual keyboard patch with this?
    i dont c the big thing about this. I can type on any hardware keyboard faster than using swype
    Quote Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
    i dont c the big thing about this. I can type on any hardware keyboard faster than using swype
    Have you tried Swype? By the way, the world record for texting was set using Swype.

Another example on an Android (Nexus One) device:
    Last edited by barkerja; 04/12/2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    FWIW...I had Swype on WinMo phone and I hated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Have you tried Swype? By the way, the world record for texting was set using Swype.

Another example on an Android (Nexus One) device:
    yes i have. and btw, who cares about the world record for texting? I did that phrase with my pre in 40 seconds. if i was still using my tour or bold i guarantee i could beat that.
    and that record is for fastest on a TOUCHSCREEN PHONE
    well first of all w.e your name is. swype is thing. he wasnt talking about skype you *****. second. the pre does have a touchscreen keyboard who ever said no because of that. and lastly. i have decided to try to either edit the current touchscreen keyboard patch. or creata a new one. with swype technology. it will probably take a week or two to get the non perfected beta out. but im gonna give it a try. as long as i can find some form of T9 word bank or somthing. thats the hardest part.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Swype is for on-screen keyboards, so no.
    Hilarious!! Swype is garbage, just cause they saw that dumb commercial, I had that on my Touch Pro 2 and I hated it.
    I've used it on my hero and admit its cool but stick to touch input by htc. All that zig zagging gives me a headache. Imaging the fingerprints after one sentence. The phone would be as oily as the new kfc chicken sandwich.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    You guys are wrong swype is the best way for touch screen texting. Had it on my touch pro and it's the only thing I miss about that phone. The real deal was swipes auto correct it makes sloppy texts easily readable