1 6.25%
  • May 1-15

4 25.00%
  • May 16-31

3 18.75%
  • > Jun 1

6 37.50%
  1.    #1  
    What does "in the coming months" mean to you?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Well, considering past "promises", then i would have to say;
    .... Less than a year.
    Remember at CES ATT said the first half of 2010. So I'll go with May or June.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm not sure what AT&T is thinking when it comes to android and now webOS. The Backflip is just bizarre with yahoo thrown in it on an old android version.

The Plus versions of the Pre and Pixi will miss the hotspot apps. And could launch at the same time as the iphone.
    Well, it better be April or maybe may, if they don't release until June, then I'm gonna have to wait for the next iPhone just to see what the upgrades are before I buy the pre plus. If it were to come out in April, then no brainer buying first day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm not sure what AT&T is thinking when it comes to android and now webOS. The Backflip is just bizarre with yahoo thrown in it on an old android version.

The Plus versions of the Pre and Pixi will miss the hotspot apps. And could launch at the same time as the iphone.
    I think that they got rid of the hotspot b/c ATT didn't want their network potentially being 'abused' with use of the hotspot app. ATT would rather you jump onto wi-fi than use network resources.

The Dell Mini 5 could also launch at the same time as the 4th Iphone, so I don't think that ATT gives a crap about what phones launch around the time of the Iphone. They're still getting that extra 30 dollars a month from you so what do they care if launch Dell Mini 5, Palm Plusses and Iphone 4 at the same time. All that does is provide more pub for ATT. To ATT its all revenue one way or the other. They can give consumers additional choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well, it better be April or maybe may, if they don't release until June, then I'm gonna have to wait for the next iPhone just to see what the upgrades are before I buy the pre plus. If it were to come out in April, then no brainer buying first day.
    Well, its all about having choice and you'll have that. While I like the Iphone and think that it is a wonderful phone, for me a physical keyboard is something that I like. And I like how webOS feels.

But again, all ATT cares about is that they have a broad range of good smart phones b/c it provides options for their consumers. And those are the same consumers that will ultimately pay more than what the phone is worth over a two year period and that is what this is about.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The earliest rumors I've heard were May, but I believe Verizon has a 90 day exclusivity agreement. If I recall correctly, that was sometime in late February which would mean late May would be when it would end.

So, I'd wager AT&T launch will be around early-mid June. This is assuming the other rumors from an analyst are not true (about AT&T launch being delayed).

More importantly though, I'm curious about the China Telecom launch particularly with Googles Android losing a major foothold there over issues with Google vs China.
  9.    #9  
    I enjoy looking at and hearing the feedback from the collective wisdom of this site.

Power to the people!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Interesting comment here:

Earlier this week, AT&T said it will start selling Palm phones in the "coming months," but offered no timing or pricing details. In a chat at the CTIA 2010 show in Las Vegas Tuesday, AT&T voice and data chief Mark Collins indicated that Palm was pretty much a show-me situation.

"AT&T noted that it would carry the devices only as long as it remains a viable competitor," JPMorgan analyst Mike McCormack wrote in a research note after an interview with Collins.
    I'm guessing that Spirit is taking these phones on pretty eye-watering Terms and Conditions for Palm.

Palm's Signals Weaken | Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    AT&T better advertise better than Verizon! It kills me that these carriers aren't making an effort at selling this great product.