1.    #1  
    Palm should have 3 form factors with neither of them sacrificing speed nor fluidity.

Form factor 1
    Pixi form with 3.1-3.3 display with a combination of the pre's and pixi keyboard

Form factor 2
    Pre's form with a 3.7in display with a horizontal slider

Form factor 3
    4.0-4.3 display being a tablet form.

Basic specifications for all
    omap3-omap4 ranging from 800mhz to 1.3 mhz
    battery life should be much better than a blackberry
    3g/4g radio combination
    camera superior to pre's
    voice functions
    speed and fluidity better than iphone 3gs
    all devices should be flash, gaming and tethering capable
    wifi-n

I think this is something that palm should definitely have targeting every different group.
    form factor1 targets the business user ease of use for texting with one hand.
    Form factor 2 believe it or not is very popular among tweens to teens because of the bigger keys due to horizontal keyboard and could care less about using both hands.
    Form factor 3 the ultimate viewing experience in multimedia.

3 different form factors and at the same time not lacking hugely in performance between each of them. So nobody gets left out. Anybody interested in webos can choose their liking according to the form factor that suits them best.

now i now this is unrealistic right now because of palm financial problems but i think this is a direction they should head for
    Palm has been pretty steadfast on the fact that all of their devices will have a physical keyboard, forever. And I think that as long as their resources are as limited as they are, they'll stick to vertical keyboards.
  3.    #3  
    I think that is incredibly stupid. And i doubt they will remain a vertical keyboard only company. Financially it makes no sense at all. Pixi and Pre are almost pointless the two should be combined into one. If that were to happen other form factors would be necessary. Financially with the goal of expanding and reaching a bigger mass that would make sense.
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I think if they released a fullscreen slate-type phone they'd be set. Of course, it would need a virtual keyboard.
  5.    #5  
    Just look at what people are saying here about the htc evo. Peple here are already seriously considering leaving palm. Its really making people consider switching carriers good for sprint not for palm. Nobody is complaining about a lack of keyboard.

webos 2.0
    4.0-4.3 display
    omap4 1ghz
    superior battery life
    4g
    wifi n
    now this would create serious buzz will real sales
    I think a physical keyboard is a big plus. I would like to see a virtual keyboard as part of the base product.
    Palm's next phone is going to be way better than the EVO,palm is trying to get rid enventory so they could pump money into the ghost device and advertisement.2011 CES you would see a beautiful device,i don't want to get into spes but it will top what ever is out or is about to come out,i do think palm needsto step there game up and offer multiple form factors of phones and by that time webos will be matured to3.0,GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PALM.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddie1 View Post
    Palm's next phone is going to be way better than the EVO,palm is trying to get rid enventory so they could pump money into the ghost device and advertisement.2011 CES you would see a beautiful device,i don't want to get into spes but it will top what ever is out or is about to come out,i do think palm needsto step there game up and offer multiple form factors of phones and by that time webos will be matured to3.0,GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PALM.
    Where's the credibility nowadays? =/
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddie1 View Post
    Because they only exist in your head?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I love the way the Pre feels, looks, the smoothness of it and the keyboard. Just hate that it is so plasticy, palm has and can do better. My Centro was solid as a rock with nice metal buttons on it. The plastic buttons on this make it too fragile feeling. If they make it bigger, fine, but I hope the nice sleek shape of it remains. Not like those square flat bricks. My hubbie has a Droid, cool phone, but heavy and to me, just does not feel comfortable in the hand.. IMO.
    They could keep the pre formfactor, but make the screen 3.7" that would give bigger screen, bigger keyboard, bigger battery. I love the formfactor, slightly bigger, better build quality, and that's good enough.