Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It's fine to be positive, but I don't understand how one can claim "Palm's sales are boosting" when every quarter they sell less WebOS devices, despite launching on more carriers and adding more models.

    That's not a "boosting" trajectory by any stretch of the imagination. It's the opposite.
    Palm never announced sales by model breakdown. How do you know it's less webOS devices?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Palm never announced sales by model breakdown. How do you know it's less webOS devices?
    Because the legacy PalmOS device sales (and their percentage of Palm sales) would have to diminish each quarter simply by virtue of being EOLed.

    So if Palm reports less devices soldthrough in every quarter that they've been selling Palm Pre phones despite selling them to more carriers with additional models introduced each quarter...that clearly tells you that the platform and its devices have done nothing but drop in popularity and mindshare since being released. Their guidance for FY Q4 2010 says they expect this to continue for at least three more months, if not longer.

    There's no spinning that as "boosting sales".
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It's funny, as I sat here reading that, I thought "There's a pretty well-reasoned comment on "why I'm changing". But then I got to the last part. Resolve for us, if you don't mind, the following two statements:

    I don't want to switch phones until something better comes along.
    and
    shoddy hardware, buggy code (when you want the core functions to work, they many times don't) when I need this phone to work

    How in the world could it be difficult to find "something better" coming along if the phone you're replacing has "shoddy hardware, buggy code" and "core functions" that don't work?

    Sorry folks, I think too many of you that are changing phones are treating them like some folks treat lovers in their lives. Fantastic wonderful folks, until someone prettier comes along, then the B was a *****.
    Ahh yes, humanizing a non human element...not a very effective argument.

    Maybe I didn't clarify myself. I'm not going to get into another contract with a sub-par phone only to drop it for an Evo (if that proves to be the handset I want). Is that better?

    So, to summarize, can you deny the very problems us customers are complaining about? Can you deny Palm has done nothing to address or even admit they produced a handset that is proving to be a very poorly designed device? Shall I dig through all the posts of power buttons failing, the dreaded "oreo" effect, etc? I didn't want to go this route but i'm frustrated that I am still seeing the same issues with my Pre before the 1.4 update. Enough of that.

    The issue is whether Palm will survive the Evo. They will initially but they are bleeding money and they better be bought out by some giant and it better be done quickly because they will cease to exist otherwise. If you want to keep your head in the sand and click your heels be my guest.

    Are you aware it's a terrible idea to become attached to an inanimate object. The straw man argument of comparing a phone to a lover isn't going to work here either.

    Its a phone. If it dies prematurely and I get another one I complain, stop doing business with the manufacturer of that handset and move on with my life since I backed up my data.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    very good point...i wish the sales staff would have better knowledge of the handsets their selling!!!
    And thats Sprint's fault. Its not exclusive to Sprint though. But it would be nice if they could figure out how to stop alienating their subscriber base though.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    Maybe I didn't clarify myself. I'm not going to get into another contract with a sub-par phone only to drop it for an Evo (if that proves to be the handset I want). Is that better?
    So, why not get into another contract for a phone that wasn't sub-par? The Evo wasn't available at the time you made those decisions about the Pre being "sub par". Unless, of course, you only decided it was so a few days ago.

    BTW, you're entirely wrong on your notion that humanizing something isn't a "very effective argument". I suspect you make a classic mistake of confusing effectivnes with accuracy.

    But carrying the analogy a little further, it's frequently the case that the new girlfriend ends up as skanky as the old one, because the beauty (or lack thereof) is so often in the eyes of the beholder, and ask any girl out there, all of us guys are jerks (except her current one, of course).

    Have fun with your phone. If you're lucky, you'll enjoy as much as I do mine.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, why not get into another contract for a phone that wasn't sub-par? The Evo wasn't available at the time you made those decisions about the Pre being "sub par". Unless, of course, you only decided it was so a few days ago.

    BTW, you're entirely wrong on your notion that humanizing something isn't a "very effective argument". I suspect you make a classic mistake of confusing effectivnes with accuracy.

    But carrying the analogy a little further, it's frequently the case that the new girlfriend ends up as skanky as the old one, because the beauty (or lack thereof) is so often in the eyes of the beholder, and ask any girl out there, all of us guys are jerks (except her current one, of course).

    Have fun with your phone. If you're lucky, you'll enjoy as much as I do mine.
    My contract on this Pre doesn't expire until July 2011. However I can and will get a decent discount for a replacement phone, whether its a new and greatly improved Pre or the new Evo it doesn't matter.

    Oh, trust me, I decided many things with the Pre were sub-par months ago. Sorry I didn't notify you ahead of time. And I certainly did look for something else in Sprint's line but with 1.4 coming out I decided to stick it out.

    And yes, it is a mistake to humanize an inanimate object. It lends no credibility to your argument. Plus you tend to argue from a less than dispassionate position. Not to mention you're arguing from a position of weakness in defending the Pre. Two strikes against thee.

    No, I didn't confuse anything. I discovered after owning the Pre for a couple of months I was having issues doing what its supposed to do first; make a phone call. It is completely unacceptable for a phone to have a couple of seconds of lag when attempting to dial, select the call log or attempting to end a call. Again, and this is something I can't get my head around, why would you defend something from such a weak position?


    Your analogy is rather odd. I guess you truly are resigned to mediocrity if you think your next girlfriend will ultimately turn out to be a *****. My wife would tend to disagree with you.

    I hope you enjoy mediocrity, I really do. In the meantime I'll keep searching for something better, more polished and reliable. Hopefully Sprint will eventually provide that handset to me.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    Palm is not going away as much as the shorts want it to...i have more friends interested in the phone and we all are very tech oriented. They are unsatisfied with android. After I used it I couldnt wait to put the phone down (droid). The only OS's that are worth a _ _ _ _ are the apple OS and webOS.
    I completly agree with you! Andriod is just not intuitive at all, Blackberry OS is too ancient, Symbian while powerfull needs a complete overhall, and I'm really not liking the direction of winpho 7. Iphone OS and WebOs are the only ones that really give a great user expierence, though each has their own weaknesses in different areas. I'm really rooting for palm, as I don't what iphone to be my only choice, plus WebOS seems to perfectely blend old school power smart phone ui with the new school simple multitouch interface.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    LMAO
  9. #29  
    If palm were to license the OS it would help them make some money. And more than likely get noticed in the phone market.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    LMAO
    I was thinking the same thing lol. 9700 all the way.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions