View Poll Results: How much of your pre's potential do you use?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-25%

5 7.35%
  • 26-50%

5 7.35%
  • 51-75%

20 29.41%
  • 76-100%

28 41.18%
  • 100+ % (I practically am a webOS device)

10 14.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One thing that annoys me about iphone users is that 90% buy it as a fashion tool (well done apple for convincing people who don't need a smartphone to get one) but the fact still remains that almost every iphone user I know, only utilises it up to 25% of its potential...

I'd like to think that I use my Pre up to 70% of its potential....and I'd love to think that us pre users...even if its your first smartphone...really use it to its potential, instead of letting this awesome device live a life unfulfilled!
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 03/24/2010 at 07:31 AM.
    They say we only use 10% of our brain, so i guess it's all relative.
    Well, interesting question.

I guess the % of potential is somewhat of a subjective thing, maybe?

Here is what I use on my wonderful, never had a better, more useful, more fun phone, EVER, PRE

Phone calls (duh)
    GPS, some days
    Camera, almost every day
    Video, LOVE it, wish Palm would get the youtube interface corrected, almost every day
    Pandora, every day
    Email, via my gmail every day
    Txt Messaging, every day
    Calendar, almost every day
    Classic( EZ Remote, wwCalc) , every day
    Web Browsing, every day
    MyTether , occasionally, but a valuable part of my Pre

I use and play with many apps from the app catalogue, from time to time.

and of course the myriad of Homebrew, and patches that just add amazing functionality to this amazing personal communication device.

Im hooked, I LOVE WebOS, my son has a HERO and I dont even like the Android OS, who cares if it can scan barcodes.. not me,..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Probably about 50% or so.
    guess I'm using 130 % of my phones potential if I'm running the 800 kernel patch then , right !!! Ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    where do you get your statistics, 90% use it as a fashion tool?
    I think I'm at about 75% only because i don't use facebook or any other social networking to take advantage of the Synergy. Everything else I'm down pack with.
    my pre has become my single device for everything I do. I use pretty much all of the core functions, and then some. The only thing I really don't do that much is tethering, because my plan with bell doesn't officlaly support it. I only do it when I absolutely need to. I could run the battery down 3-4 times a day if I didn't have it on the touchstone whenever I'm at my desk at work or at home.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    How can a user use the Pre to its full potential when Palm can't?

Anyway, at this point then the Pre is pretty much a feature phone for me because it can tether to my "fashion tool". That's where I have, MLB, exclusive games (SFIV, Words w Friends), my banking, TweetDeck, Facebook, a bunch of fantastic photo enhancers, RSS reader, Kindle, podcasts on a media player that doesnt suck and tons of other quality apps.
    I'm not that smart, but my pre uses 100 % of the intelligence that I have
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I think I'm at about 75% only because i don't use facebook or any other social networking to take advantage of the Synergy. Everything else I'm down pack with.
    I'm in the same group.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    They say we only use 10% of our brain, so i guess it's all relative.
    That's actually a myth but probably close to how much I use my pre's potential.
    You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains? I think we only use 10% of our hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains? I think we only use 10% of our hearts.
    No, it's the brain. 100% of the hearts.
    Considering that the pre has unlimited potential, I would say I use a very small amount of the full potential of the pre.
    If I'm being honest with myself.......... I don't really need a smartphone at all. I hardly make phone calls anymore. I text but not to some insane degree like many other people I know. I have the internet readily available to me on my desktop PC. I have a facebook account but I'm not addicted. What else? I have no need for calendars or any of that. I live pretty simply... It's just that gadgets wow me and Palm's webOS is the wowiest of them all!

Well my point is that the OP mentioned Apple's success in convincing people who don't need a smartphone to get one anyway, and I'm one of those people, EXCEPT it was never Apple's iPhone that wowed and convinced me. I'd probably be a low-percentage user myself.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Considering that the pre has unlimited potential, I would say I use a very small amount of the full potential of the pre.
    Yeah. Umm.. How exactly do you define "unlimited potential" and how exactly does this "unlimited potential" grace the Pre?
    69%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

^FTW^!!!! Loved that Movie!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    69%
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast