1.    #1  
    With all the talk about the new HTC phone is it worth giving up the web os? I love the pre and all that it can do. I see my friends have a app open and have to close it so they can go to the next thing and i just multi task and go on. Is the new HTC phone going to do that??? Its amazing how may people say oh you dont have to close that to do something else on your phone. I Love WEB OS and i hope the next palm phone Kicks the androids a@* I mean ****. Really is there a phone that can do the things the palm pre or plus can do? I know there is bugs but what phone isnt going to have bugs. I just really love the fact that i can do more than 1 thing at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    With all the talk about the new HTC phone is it worth giving up the web os? I love the pre and all that it can do. I see my friends have a app open and have to close it so they can go to the next thing and i just multi task and go on. Is the new HTC phone going to do that??? Its amazing how may people say oh you dont have to close that to do something else on your phone. I Love WEB OS and i hope the next palm phone Kicks the androids a@* I mean ****. Really is there a phone that can do the things the palm pre or plus can do? I know there is bugs but what phone isnt going to have bugs. I just really love the fact that i can do more than 1 thing at a time.
    True MultiTask is a must with me.
    I think some people just think the grass will be greener.
    We've already seen many leave, and then come back.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I don't know how I can live without full wipe to switch apps.

The problem with Android is that it is a geek phone. If I were 10 years younger, I would have picked Android and play with all the settings and setup all the widgets to look nice. However, I am 37 now, with a full time job, 2 kids and other hobbies. I don't want to spend time experimenting with my phone.

In term of usability, Pre is way ahead of Android. iPhone is also very good in usability, but you have to give up big features like multitasking and physical keyboard.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I don't know how I can live without full wipe to switch apps.

The problem with Android is that it is a geek phone. If I were 10 years younger, I would have picked Android and play with all the settings and setup all the widgets to look nice. However, I am 37 now, with a full time job, 2 kids and other hobbies. I don't want to spend time experimenting with my phone.

In term of usability, Pre is way ahead of Android. iPhone is also very good in usability, but you have to give up big features like multitasking and physical keyboard.
    Which is why the Pre was voted 2010 Phone of the Year despite the new phones that are coming out this year.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Which is why the Pre was voted 2010 Phone of the Year despite the new phones that are coming out this year.
    By who? How can you decide on the phone of 2010 in march?
    choice is yours.
    do u prefer webOS over the hardware or viceversa?
    I like to use the best OS out there. hw could change and become better during time.
    a bad OS will probably be bad forever (windows docet...25 years for a slight decent version...a.k.a. 7)
    I just hope webOS lives on if (God forbid!) Palm doesn't.. and whomever "buys/acquires" webOS, they don't also hire that creepy albino chick in the Palm ads..
    I think WebOS is the best UI out there, but the best OS? No, no, no, no.

There's a big difference between the two. The thing is, no phone truly multitasks yet, at least not in the way we currently use our desktop and laptop computers.

I know people like to pretend WebOS does, but it has limitations like any other platform. Try multitasking with video. Or going between web pages without reloading. Or managing replies between multiple participants in a long Gmail thread.
    umm...i must say this...considering the youth of WebOS...it is without a doubt the best and most promising mobile phone OS in the market now...hands down...and if you think it isn't ur stuck in a dream world...the fact of the matter is that the so called best smartphone ever (iphone) has met it's match...and with maturity WebOS will def. outshine all of it's competitors iphone included!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    By who? How can you decide on the phone of 2010 in march?
    Because the new phones coming out don't improve on the functionality of webOS. Android 2.1 has been around for awhile now no? Read for yourself.
    http://www.phonenews.com/calling-the...re-plus-10589/
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I went from WebOS to Android, and am dying to get back to WebOS. Android is good, but WebOS is best for me, because of how it handles contacts & multitasking.

Still, it's close.
    its the hardware issues and software issues that really bog the pre down. If they can really up the battery life, get me an ms messenger app FREE and a few other things i'll be happyier