1.    #1  
    So i've had preware installed roughly for 3 days and have noticed a HUGE difference in terms of battery life compared to stock 1.4. Has any one else experience this? Before preware i would come home with 65% battery remaining using txt,phone,web,games and app catalog. With preware i come home with at least 45% left doing the same. If this gets worse i might consider removing it...which leads me to my next question. How would i go about doing that? do i uninstall the patches? what about the apps download from preware? and if i decide to stick with it, when it comes to updating the phones fw do i just remove patches?...sorry for all these questions but if anyone can help me out i'd gratefully appreciate it!

Thanks!
    did you open preware while you were out? And no you don't need to remove the patches when an update hits, only themes.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply. No i dont use preware during my work hours. normally i wait till later in the evening to use it. if i wanted to get rid of preware do i delete it like i would a normal app?
    you would have to run emergency patch recovery first so you get rid of all the patches you have install. Then you would have to plug ur pre into web os quick install and delete package manager service then preware and you should be good from there.
    or you can do a hard reset and it gets rid of everything.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    you would have to run emergency patch recovery first so you get rid of all the patches you have install. Then you would have to plug ur pre into web os quick install and delete package manager service then preware and you should be good from there.
    what and where is emergency patch recovery? i dont have many patches installed. would i be able to manually remove them without running the emergency patch recovery?
  7.    #7  
    or you can do a hard reset and it gets rid of everything.
    ohhh...i think i would like that one better!
  8.    #8  
    in the reset opitions, i see 'erase apps and data' and 'full erase'. would the first one be fine or would i have to do the latter?
    hard reset I think deletes other things I'm not sure what I forgot. And if you go to preware and then list of everything and type emergency patch recovery and install it then wait and then restart luna and ur good. You should delete any themes before that though.
    you can doctor ur phone too. If you don't mind losing everything do a full erase which is a hard reset.
  11.    #11  
    hard reset I think deletes other things I'm not sure what I forgot. And if you go to preware and then list of everything and type emergency patch recovery and install it then wait and then restart luna and ur good. You should delete any themes before that though.
    gotcha!!! thanks for all your help!
    no problem