Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I work for a third party retailer for Bell Mobility. As of today Mar.23 2010 Bell has recalled the Pre. I hope it is just for third parties, but I have a feeling Bell might be bailing on Palm. I am very disappointed at the recall because I fell WebOs is amazing and I sell them as fast as they arrive.
    Geeze...
    What are the scenarios for something like this? Is it common for there to be recalls for third parties, but not for Bell proper? Before we get all crazy with the rumors and speculation, I'd just like to see if there are other explanations than that Bell is "bailing on Palm."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Until we see some kind of official announcement from Bell or Palm we'll chuck this into the rumor pile with the rest of the strange rumors that have been popping up lately.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I would believe it. I'm on my fourth Pre from Bell. The last time I was there the whole pre display was gone.

Bell sold few phones in Canada.

maybe they are phasing out the crappy launch phones and bringing in the newer models.

Palm revized the design to imrpove on build flaws. The newer pres have the plus' keyboard. Silver button.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Why would they recall them..?
    You folks realize he's not talking about a "recall" as most of you are probably familiar with. Unsold units are being pulled from 3rd party retailers.
    Not really all that unusual for a launch product. Pull the excess amount back from stores, stockpile some for warranty work, then redistribute more evenly to stores with more, or less, sales than expected.
    Ouch Maybe I'll wander past a few Bell stores today & see if any Pre signage is still up..

On a semi-related note, I was at the Toronto Sportsman show last Friday & saw the Bell booth there.. a bunch of phones were on display but no Pre. Hmm,....
    hmmm
    Strange.

You go on Wireless Waves website, they have it front page right there, however the cost is $199 for a 3 year contract again.. yet.. Bell, has it for $0 still.. AND, for some reason it still has the exclusive tag.

I got a Pre about over a week ago finally, however, I think I'm going to return it simply because I cannot stand a) Bell or b) CDMA

Hopefully the HSPA version comes to Telus soon
    um...I work for Bell, and so far there's no news on recalling any Palm Pre. If there was indeed a recall, it'll be in the local newspaper and as a sales rep, I would have gotten an email from my boss telling me to hand in my Pre. So far so good! I'm excited about the paid apps coming out soon..yippie!
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    Quote Originally Posted by gujifijian View Post
    um...I work for Bell, and so far there's no news on recalling any Palm Pre. If there was indeed a recall, it'll be in the local newspaper and as a sales rep, I would have gotten an email from my boss telling me to hand in my Pre. So far so good! I'm excited about the paid apps coming out soon..yippie!
    has there been any talk about Bell getting the Pre Plus? Or an HSPA version? I just can't stand this CMDA junk lol
    Ok did I miss a memo? When are paid apps coming to Bell/Canada???

And kjb, what exactly about CDMA don't you like? I "reluctantly" switched back to Bell last September to get the Pre, but so far it and CDMA has been working great
    Paid apps coming soon? You privy so some info we don't have??? Come on now, don't be cruel.. spill the beans!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Paid apps coming soon? You privy so some info we don't have??? Come on now, don't be cruel.. spill the beans!
    it's on the main page of precentral

all international markets get paid apps on the 31st
    I need to know more about this since I'm planning to pick one up on Saturday...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    AND, for some reason it still has the exclusive tag
    Well of course it does. Even if you buy it at a reseller you still can only use it on Bell. No other carrier has it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    @Toni Biting the bullett and going with Bell CDMA version? I know you've been holding out hope for GSM/unlocked version...AT&T's coming up soon here in the states, but don't know if unlock will be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    @Toni Biting the bullett and going with Bell CDMA version? I know you've been holding out hope for GSM/unlocked version...AT&T's coming up soon here in the states, but don't know if unlock will be available.
    Well.. a week ago I got the CDMA version as I've been holding out for a GSM version as well.. and.. it hasn't happened yet.

Thou because of Bells big deals they are offering pretty much 2 days after I got the Pre I'm going to just return it, and repurchase it again so I can get the $10 off, no activation and such. That is if, i decide to stay with CDMA. It's a tough call thou
    What's so bad about CDMA?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast