Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Maybe I'm spoiled but with CDMA I constantly have signal in places other people are struggling in with their GSM's from other carriers...
    Well anyway,, I waundered into a Bell store in the Toronto Eaton Centre today and they still had Pre's on the wall and Pre's in their smartphone ads.. that's good!

Speaking of Canada,, was it Telus that is *supposed* to get the Palm Pixi? No one in Canada has the Pixi yet..
    Bell and Telus' CDMA networks are the biggest networks in canada, and have more coverage than Rogers GSM network, or even their own HSPA network, which is really only 6 months old at this point, that's why I chose Bell all those years ago, Bell/Telus's CDMA coverage is just better than anything else in Canada right now.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Getting both.

Bell has an HSPA network, and since they allow me to switch hardware later, I'll get a SIM card from them and welcome my HSPA Pre Plus.

That's great...I know you've been patiently waiting. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts/opinions on things after you've had it for a few days. I'm still waiting to hear official word from AT&T on drop date--I'm hoping that it's around the May 10th date that you dug up a few weeks back.
    I saw something wierd today... the Pre demo unit at the Bell store in Eaton Centre is no longer on display, just the Treo Pro next to it. I wonder if something's going on.

On a side note Fido's making a hassle for me to port. They messed up my date, and showed an earlier day than my actual contract end date. Then they go on and tell me even if I port after end of my contract, I'll still be charged for one month...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I saw something wierd today... the Pre demo unit at the Bell store in Eaton Centre is no longer on display, just the Treo Pro next to it. I wonder if something's going on.

On a side note Fido's making a hassle for me to port. They messed up my date, and showed an earlier day than my actual contract end date. Then they go on and tell me even if I port after end of my contract, I'll still be charged for one month...
    That's messed.

Today, I called the store in Bramalea City Centre and the said stock was extremely low, they only get 2 or 3 as they sell out. I asked him if he had stock he said no, then tried to tell me the samsung omnia 2 is a better phone. So webOS is worse than Windows Mobile 6.5?

Anywho, I also called the Eaton Centre store today and the guy was weird about it as well... but said he had stuff in stock but wouldn't tell me what promotions were going on and he wanted me in the store to tell me.

Also was in Square One tonight, walked by a) the source b) wireless wave and c) phone booth... all 3rd party vendors had Pre on showcase with respect to the other days comment about 3rd party dealers being recalled.
    They are recalling the Pres' due to stuck accelerators.
    Quote Originally Posted by aezrilov View Post
    They are recalling the Pres' due to stuck accelerators.
    You must work for Government Motors.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You must work for Government Motors.
    No; just a bad joke, I couldn't resist, I love my Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by aezrilov View Post
    No; just a bad joke, I couldn't resist, I love my Pre...
    I did manage to laugh out loud at that.

Turns out to be a good joke ha!
    And what's funny is that the biggest talk lately was about overclocking.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03/26/2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    So does this mean i'll finally get my replacement? Bell's kept me waiting about a month now...
    Does all this mean Canada may never get the Pixi?? I've already been "selling" those to a few friends lol & they're waiting for it to show up. Was Telus supposed to get it first?
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Does all this mean Canada may never get the Pixi?? I've already been "selling" those to a few friends lol & they're waiting for it to show up. Was Telus supposed to get it first?
    I don't even know who or when any carrier is getting any device other than Bells CDMA version right now.

I wish one of them would get the pre plus sometime soon, but honestly I don't think it's Palms priority right now to release it here
    hmmm... Well maybe Bell is trying to kill off their CDMA network, so maybe they are just waiting for the GSM pre+ and pixi+?
    Bell's CDMA network is going to be around for at least another 7-10 years I think. The majority of the phones in their lineup are still CDMA phones, and it's the bigger network with millions of customers still on it. Most GSM based dumbphones won't even work on the Bell/Telus HSPA network because they don't have an EDGE network, and very few basic dumbphones are HSPA capable.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123