Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can confirm the recall i m a third party retailer work in connection centre in walmart and as of yesterday the pre has been pulled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    What's so bad about CDMA?
    It doesn't advertise itself well. Since it doesn't cause buzzing in cheap unshielded computer speakers or car stereos, nobody will know that you sprung for that high end smartphone and will just assume that you're cheap and unsophisticated...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    @Toni Biting the bullett and going with Bell CDMA version? I know you've been holding out hope for GSM/unlocked version...AT&T's coming up soon here in the states, but don't know if unlock will be available.
    Getting both.

Bell has an HSPA network, and since they allow me to switch hardware later, I'll get a SIM card from them and welcome my HSPA Pre Plus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    What's so bad about CDMA?
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2311347

And from what I heard Bell's CDMA coverage is less than stellar.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

ya the coverage is meh. the main issue with cdma is you tend to lose signal in buildings unlike rogers gsm which you dont only thing i dont like about my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    ya the coverage is meh. the main issue with cdma is you tend to lose signal in buildings unlike rogers gsm which you dont only thing i dont like about my pre.
    That's because CDMA cannot penetrate as deep and as good as GSM signals.

one of the most frustrating things I find with CDMA are text messages that just go missing, are delayed 20 or so minutes, and duplicate messages.

I also found that cdma is very weather dependent.

GSM just.. is better lol
    Ya i love it my dad was texting me and i didnt recieve them until 6hrs later and i recieved duplicates was terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You folks realize he's not talking about a "recall" as most of you are probably familiar with. Unsold units are being pulled from 3rd party retailers.
    Blame Toyota for that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    I can confirm the recall i m a third party retailer work in connection centre in walmart and as of yesterday the pre has been pulled out.
    Okay, so, I'll ask again: what does this mean, precisely? Does Bell only do this when they're preparing to drop a product line, or could there be other reasons for it? It certainly sounds ominous, but then some common business practices can also seem ominous when they're really not.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, so, I'll ask again: what does this mean, precisely? Does Bell only do this when they're preparing to drop a product line, or could there be other reasons for it? It certainly sounds ominous, but then some common business practices can also seem ominous when they're really not.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...5&postcount=22

But if I go on Saturday and can't pick up my Pre...

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2311347

And from what I heard Bell's CDMA coverage is less than stellar.
    For some reason I don't know, Bell's CDMA coverage is way way way better than Telus's.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    That's because CDMA cannot penetrate as deep and as good as GSM signals.

one of the most frustrating things I find with CDMA are text messages that just go missing, are delayed 20 or so minutes, and duplicate messages.

I also found that cdma is very weather dependent.

GSM just.. is better lol
    True on all points cept for voice quality. CDMA is superior in that department.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Maybe they bought like 400k phones from Palm. Now they're running out themselves and getting the ones at 3rd parties back, so they don't have to order new ones from Palm for whatever reason (Pre Plus, new model, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Maybe they bought like 400k phones from Palm. Now they're running out themselves and getting the ones at 3rd parties back, so they don't have to order new ones from Palm for whatever reason (Pre Plus, new model, etc.).
    hmmm.. I wouldn't think Bell has sold that many pres because a) I only know ONE person out of this country and I still haven't seen anyone else with a pre in Canada b) I got one last Friday, and looked at the manufacturing date - it's from August, so it's original.

Maybe.. if this is possible? but, could palm be recalling all their pre's to reproduce the excess quantity for AT&T? Is that even feasible for Palm to do that?
    august isn't the original.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Is there any possibility that they're simply transitioning to the Pre+ and Pixi+ in the short term? Thus, necessitating the changing out of advertisements and recalling of soon-to-be outdated inventory?
    I think they are trying to get rid of all the pres to make way for the pre+ and pixi+. After having my pre for about 7 months i have only seen two other people with the phone, i have also heard from many bell employees of which i am related to who all say that it barely sells.
    ^ i hope so!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    All I know is that i got an internal memo to pull the pre off the shelf as there sending it back to bell. It might be due to lack luster sales. I try to push the pre since i have one i show it to customers over the iPhone. But everyone either wants a Blackberry or Iphone anyway until they see the pricetag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    True on all points cept for voice quality. CDMA is superior in that department.
    Oddly, the only problem I have ever had with CDMA that could be weather dependent was when I lived in CT, somewhat close to the edge of a dead zone between towns. Every time we had high winds, like tree-dropping strength, I'd have to go outside and stand right up against the far corner of the back deck to get a signal. As soon as the wind dropped, right back up to three bars. Strange. I guess radio signals can get blown off course..........other than that, I've never had a weather-related issue. If anything, I pretty much have to use my cell instead of my landline during a bad storm, I have way too much interference on my cordless phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast