Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think this could develop into a very helpful thread for me and others.

Here's my tip: When entering text in a textbox, you can hold down the orange key and swipe around with your other finger on the screen. This will move the cursor position around for you so you can edit the text.

I'm sure a lot of people knew this, but I didn't know until today. My daughter didn't know either. I'm sure there are a ton of features that people just aren't aware of. What's your tip?
    orange button which is grey on verizon phones + sym key + u = usb mode !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    shift (up arrow) plus backspace deletes whole word.
    that's cool,,i did not know that about the orange button and text edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    that's cool,,i did not know that about the orange button and text edit.
    I just tried it and works great,,that is a nice useful feature.
    When using the camera you can use the space bar to take pictures. hit it once it will take one picture. Hold it down and it will take pictures in 1 sec. intervals.
    I knew holding the gesture + c and v are like copy and paste with ctl + c and v but gesture + a is a select all like ctrl + a. Haven't tried an undo with z yet though.
    I am embarrassed of the things I don't know about using my Pre after 2.5 months. Good tips so far.
  9.    #9  
    Oh yeah, you can save a pic in a web page by holding down the orange button and tapping the pic.
    did you know that after you web doc your phone you have to update prl and network settings all over again if you want good service ??!?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    In the Memos app if you tap the right bottom corner, you can choose from the 4 colors to change the memo's color.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    if you hold down the power button and toggle the sound key on then off three times it resets the pre. But doesn't erase anything. Once you do it wait a few seconds the phone will turn off on it's own
    In the messaging section you can hold down the "up arrow" and with your finger you swipe the words you want to highlight for copy and paste.
    That's why they say read the manuals. And in the Pre, the manuals are videos.

There is also a book (Bible) you can down from the app store that contain almost all the tips of WebOS.

There are even Easter Eggs!

Rob
    in the calendar app, if you're in day view, tapping on the day view icon again goes to today

similarly, if you're in week view looking at a different week, tapping on the week view icon again will jump to this week.

and likewise of course, if you're in month view, tapping on the month view button again jumps you to this month.

also, when entering in times, rather than trying to vertical scroll to the correct time, you can just type the number when the vertical scroll window comes up.
    orange (grey for verizon) sym and P to take screenshots for those apps or sites where you can't save image by normal means using orange key (grey) and tapping the image
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    That's why they say read the manuals. And in the Pre, the manuals are videos.

There is also a book (Bible) you can down from the app store that contain almost all the tips of WebOS.

There are even Easter Eggs!

Rob
    lol Easter Eggs are back, who found it so far?
    3 star thread keep them coming : )
    This is more of a feature rather than a shortcut, but I've had my Pre since August and just found it out yesterday. If you go into contacts and choose a person, then select the drop down menu, you get a choice for Add Contact Reminder. It gives you a box to type a message to yourself that you want to tell that contact the next time you communicate with them. For example, if you are at the game and you think, "Oh next time I talk to Mike, I gotta remind him that his team sucks." Then the next time Mike calls, texts, or emails you, or vice versa, you will get a notification reminding you of what you wanted to say.
    This is great.

How do I highlight parts of the text sent to me via sms or mms?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast