Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eighth horse, seventh race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    In the UK, Noun: A coarse and sexually amenable or promiscuous woman. Derog.

But he probably meant the Slider.
    well then -- there aren't enough scrubbers in the world then are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Palm Pre User Guide - My Pre

No good at creating hyperlinks but this is the web address to the 344 page Pre manual that never made it out of Sprint before the launch. I read it twice before June 6th and ended up showing the Sprint CSR how the phone works when I bought it, lol! It should help...especially after you've had time to get used to the phone.

EDIT: Cool, the link actually worked even though I got an error when I set it up...
    Here is a link to a PDF version of the Palm Pre User Guide:

Search Results
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real jonezen View Post
    When using the camera you can use the space bar to take pictures. hit it once it will take one picture. Hold it down and it will take pictures in 1 sec. intervals.
    That's great, thank you!
    In 1.4, they added the function that if you get an email address or phone number sent via an email or SMS, you can TAP-AND-HOLD on that link. If the number/address is in your contacts, you get the option to Call/send Email/send Text, and if the number/address is NOT in your contacts, you also get an option to add to contacts.

This because very helpful for me because I get Text Messages from my voicemail system that includes a person's phone number who left me a voicemail. Now, i can tap-and-hold the phone number and can (1) figure out if this person is in my contact list already, and (2) if they are, I can select "Text" which opens up a new SMS and it will show me who's number that is (i then discard the SMS)
    I still cant find any info on how to find easter eggs on my pre, anyone care to fill me in?
    there is someone who found an animated file that seems to be an easter egg but no one knows how to activate it as far as I know. Search easter egg tips and tricks there a thread with a list on the first page it half way done the list.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    on the first page of this list number 15
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-features.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #49  
    just to let everyone know, there is a separate forum for tips and tricks that is also full of good info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    just to let everyone know, there is a separate forum for tips and tricks that is also full of good info.
    True, and at the same time this impromptu thread has helped teach us all a little thing or two. I think this is great. Using everyones experience with webOS makes this a living guide. Let's keep it going.

For example combine the tip from post #1 with the tip from post #22. Amazing!
    Last edited by vza33; 03/24/2010 at 11:46 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    did you know that after you web doc your phone you have to update prl and network settings all over again if you want good service ??!?!

NO, NO, NO!

In my case.
    I doctored my phone about 2 weeks ago, it actually improved battery life after upgrading to 1.4. After reading this I decided to give it a try. The results? Awful.
    My phone is constantly looking for reception when I had full bars almost everywhere I went, gets stuck in 1V in places where it always was on EV, battery is draining at about 20% per hour while idle.
    I've updated the settings about 3 more times, restarted, took out the battery all in effort to see if it would fix the issue, said problem remains.

Time to doctor it again.
    I dont know if this was mentioned yet, but,

Holding the Up Key and Enter will tab through fields.
    The Tips pdf and list of tips found so far is here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ps-tricks.html

If your tips are not listed there, pelase add them to that thread.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    I dont know if this was mentioned yet, but,

Holding the Up Key and Enter will tab through fields.
    What UP key, there have been people looking for a 'tab' key for the longest time.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    This is more of a feature rather than a shortcut, but I've had my Pre since August and just found it out yesterday. If you go into contacts and choose a person, then select the drop down menu, you get a choice for Add Contact Reminder. It gives you a box to type a message to yourself that you want to tell that contact the next time you communicate with them. For example, if you are at the game and you think, "Oh next time I talk to Mike, I gotta remind him that his team sucks." Then the next time Mike calls, texts, or emails you, or vice versa, you will get a notification reminding you of what you wanted to say.
    +1

The Contact Reminder is one of my favorite features, and it is rarely even mentioned.
    The Youtube app has a history option under videos that lets you watch any youtube video you have open from your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    What UP key, there have been people looking for a 'tab' key for the longest time.

Rob
    i think he means the shift key if not i would like to know what is meant -- what i have found is that if you are somewhere with multiple fields the enter key will tab you through (like if you are adding a new contact) -- how ever if you come to a field that allows enter to add a line you wont skip to the next field..

Rob also
    I loved the little yellow taxi cab on my old centro. That easter egg was fun.
    - Skinneejay -
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I never knew about this one and am glad to know of this shortcut.
    However for me it only worked by holding the gesture area + d.
    Ya, you need to use the gesture area + d/w, the same way you copy/paste (+ c/v) some selected text (Shift + tap on word).
    Last edited by T3CK; 03/26/2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    In the UK, Noun: A coarse and sexually amenable or promiscuous woman. Derog.

But he probably meant the Slider.
    Usually a scrubber (or scrub bar, really) is used in the context of media. For instance, if you have access to an iPod Touch, when you're playing a song and start sliding the bar to fast-forward a song it will actually show text underneath saying something like "hi-speed scrubber" or something like that.

A slider is a small, mildly toxic hamburger from White Castle or Krystal. We should all think of a better name for the GUI element than slider or scrubber, honestly. ;P
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast