Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In the Contacts App, it's frequently faster to type a contact's first inital then last name. jdoe will find John Doe.
    Until we get 1:1 scrolling here is my method (i.e. changing screen brightness):

Click & Hold the scrubber, move your finger directly down or up, then at an angle either left or right. (this will give you better precision for setting the scrubber aka slider)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLJones8; 03/24/2010 at 10:54 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Instead of bookmarking a web page, use the "add to launcher" option,

You can then access by using universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    This is more of a feature rather than a shortcut, but I've had my Pre since August and just found it out yesterday. If you go into contacts and choose a person, then select the drop down menu, you get a choice for Add Contact Reminder. It gives you a box to type a message to yourself that you want to tell that contact the next time you communicate with them. For example, if you are at the game and you think, "Oh next time I talk to Mike, I gotta remind him that his team sucks." Then the next time Mike calls, texts, or emails you, or vice versa, you will get a notification reminding you of what you wanted to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Instead of bookmarking a web page, use the "add to launcher" option,

You can then access by using universal search.
    I have been a Pre owner since launch day, and I have never tried either of these! Thank you both for enlightening me
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    That's why they say read the manuals. And in the Pre, the manuals are videos.

There is also a book (Bible) you can down from the app store that contain almost all the tips of WebOS.

There are even Easter Eggs!

Rob
    Palm Pre User Guide - My Pre

No good at creating hyperlinks but this is the web address to the 344 page Pre manual that never made it out of Sprint before the launch. I read it twice before June 6th and ended up showing the Sprint CSR how the phone works when I bought it, lol! It should help...especially after you've had time to get used to the phone.

EDIT: Cool, the link actually worked even though I got an error when I set it up...
    Last edited by spudland; 03/24/2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: weird wild stuff
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Talking about orange button (or gray), we should check the pull down manual for short cuts.

I use "orange + d" to discard an email that I am typing. It is useful because sometimes I may accidentally reply or touch an email link.

Equally useful for me is "orange + k" to mark an email unread. Email consumes 50% of my time at work, so using it to remind me to reply to an read email is very important.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post

I use "orange + d" to discard an email that I am typing. It is useful because sometimes I may accidentally reply or touch an email link.
    I never knew about this one and am glad to know of this shortcut.
    However for me it only worked by holding the gesture area + d.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Until we get 1:1 scrolling here is my method (i.e. changing screen brightness):

Click & Hold the scrubber, move your finger directly down or up, then at an angle either left or right. (this will give you better precision for setting the scrubber)
    Excellent, and if you choose down, it's as if your controlling the scrubber by remote, that's real cool. Thanks!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Excellent, and if you choose down, it's as if your controlling the scrubber by remote, that's real cool. Thanks!
    hi all great thred! What is the "scrubber" never herd of thar word before, did a universal serch on it and the answers did not return any computer related information.

// Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Have had my Pre since launch day and found some great, new features from this thread. Thanks for creating it and keep the tips coming!
    Jimmie Geddes
    When browsing pages on the web, a slow double tap will automatically zoom to the width of the section that you tap on.

Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    This is great.

How do I highlight parts of the text sent to me via sms or mms?
    found no direct way, click on the text, select copy text (or similar, i don't have english selected as phones language), paste it somewhere else and select what you need
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    hi all great thred! What is the "scrubber" never herd of thar word before, did a universal serch on it and the answers did not return any computer related information.

// Beca
    A scrubber is a slider, like the one that you use in Screen & Lock to control your screens brightness or the one used to move a video forward or back.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

// Beca
    In America, a 'scrub' is a dude who acts like a playa or like he sumthin but really got nothin. A broke guy with no job, no car, no girl..etc (according to the Urban Dictionary)

A 'scrubber' is the the little toggle bar that allows you to scroll to a specific time in a time-line within a song/video. (among other functions.. .)
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    a scrub is a guy who thinks hes fly
    also known as a
    busta
    I just remembered that just after the launch in June, another forum member put together an awesome tipsheet. I'm not sure if it's totally current, but I'm sure it's still super helpful:

http://www.precentral.net/download-i...e-pre-tips-pdf
    Last edited by RizP; 03/24/2010 at 05:04 AM. Reason: link placement
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    what easter eggs !!!????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me how to activate predictive texting, not even sure if the pre does this or not

Cheers
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    In the Contacts App, it's frequently faster to type a contact's first inital then last name. jdoe will find John Doe.
    Even better in Universal Search just type JD and John Doe will come out.

Contact search by initials is the easiest search of them all!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

// Beca
    In the UK, Noun: A coarse and sexually amenable or promiscuous woman. Derog.

But he probably meant the Slider.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast