1.    #1  
    For as long as I can remember, Pantechs sliders have been really good to me. I've only owned about 3 different model Pantechs, but in all about 15 Pantechs. They were REALLY great in build quality, and the sliding mechanism was superb. The only reason I had 15 of them is because I have a little one who thinks my phones fit well in the fishbowl, and one of them actually fixed itself over time. (the button functions were wrong, for example when I pressed C the phone registerd P35, then after about two months it fixed itself)

Pantech isn't a huge company, but they make darn good phones. Their keyboards were also magnificent. If I was Palm I would SURELY try to partner with Pantech to make the next webOS phone.

Just my 2 cents
    nah pantech phones are weird looking as hell IMHO
    godless killing machines indeed... vote colbert

and yes pantechs are just weird looking
    http://www.techtickerblog.com/wp-con...300_closed.jpg
    http://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/Imag...tech-Duo-2.jpg

not into any of those there are other weird ones just search pantech
    Quote Originally Posted by CandleStick69 View Post
    For as long as I can remember, Pantechs sliders have been really good to me. I've only owned about 3 different model Pantechs, but in all about 15 Pantechs. They were REALLY great in build quality, and the sliding mechanism was superb. The only reason I had 15 of them is because I have a little one who thinks my phones fit well in the fishbowl, and one of them actually fixed itself over time. (the button functions were wrong, for example when I pressed C the phone registerd P35, then after about two months it fixed itself)

Pantech isn't a huge company, but they make darn good phones. Their keyboards were also magnificent. If I was Palm I would SURELY try to partner with Pantech to make the next webOS phone.

Just my 2 cents
    lol first post.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    No, what Palm needs to do is hire/rehire whoever designed the Tungsten sliders - those things were pretty tankish from what I remember. It might increase the thickness of the phone a bit, but I'd trade a few millimeters for a rock-solid slider in a Pre 2.
    I think HTC should make Palm's stuff.
    your joking right? why dont you ask for audiovox while your at it? infact, why dont you nominate daewoo a top sales car company?

thank you mytether
    the mirror is the problem.
    I think Palm = needs to stop manufacturing their own phones.
    That way they could have more resources to further develop WebOS for different platforms.

Im not an expert or anything but wouldnt you think getting an outside manufacturer to make phones with WebOS, would be cheaper then doing both within the same company?

Now that I think of it, I cant recall a single US known mobilephone company that manufacturers their devices and produced their own OS other then Palm.

I mean damn, HTC made the Treo Pro, Treo 700 & 750v, why couldnt they go that route again for WebOS based phones. Wouldnt that be cheaper in the long run?
    Better build quality, better style, better reputation?
    Palm just needs to stop being rushed, then we will see better hardware. The pre was pretty much just slapped together, do now worry later kind of motto they probably had. And judging by the hidden funny notes left deep in the Linux coding shows that they where being rushed. Palm can make their own great hardware and they proved it in the past.