Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I went to the Sprint store to replace my wife's Pre (See my other thread today "I am bit frustrated but my wife is not!"), the technician took the phone to the back to look at it and I started looking at other phones at the store. I could not help noticing this very unhappy guy walking around with a sales man looking at phones, once they got close to the Palm section I heard the guy say "No Palm" and they kept walking. I waited until the sales man left him and asked him "Are you having phone problems?" and he pulled a Pixi out and said "This is a piece of crap, it freezes a lot and I miss calls very often and I am in the service industry and I need a phone that works". So I asked him if he had tried the Pre and he told me "I heard it was even worse" so I told him no and then asked him if he ever saw the 3D gaming on the Pre and he said no. I pulled my Pre out and asked him to watch and tapped on N4S, sure enough to get the stupid "Too any cards open", he looked at the error message and smiled as the sales man came back out with the Hero. I tried to save him but I think Palm lost another customer for life.
    Way to go, Palm...
    Hahaha the too many cards errors could not come at a more fitting time to prove his point. It is unfortunate stuff like this happens. I don't even know why I get the too many cards error. I only installed one patch on my phone which I have since removed, and no preware.
    The TMC error is strange, I am running Preware with 30 plus patches and have never got the TMC error on my Pre in the 9 plus months that I have had it. Might be a memory leak in a certain 3rd party application.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The TMC error is strange, I am running Preware with 30 plus patches and have never got the TMC error on my Pre in the 9 plus months that I have had it. Might be a memory leak in a certain 3rd party application.

Actually, there were no cards open and the only thing I had ran about 15 minutes earlier was Preware, did not install anything through Preware though since yesterday
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    When was the last time you restarted it?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    Every morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    As much as we'd like to debug the error I'm not sure it would've been any better if he said "Oh hold on I haven't restarted this hour."
    Be careful when trying to sell a phone. If a guy is looking for call reliability, he really doesn't give a hoot about games or multitasking. Palm messed up if the reliability of WebOS on the Pixi is causing someone to miss calls. What is even sadder is that he probably telling all his friends that Palm sucks, countering all your hard work. I think the typical ratio is something like 1:10. With one unhappy customer you hear about indicating 10 more that you don't.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Be careful when trying to sell a phone. If a guy is looking for call reliability, he really doesn't give a hoot about games or multitasking. Palm messed up if the reliability of WebOS on the Pixi is causing someone to miss calls. What is even sadder is that he probably telling all his friends that Palm sucks, countering all your hard work. I think the typical ratio is something like 1:10. With one unhappy customer you hear about indicating 10 more that you don't.
    The guys absolutly wanted nothing to do with Palm, I thought if I show him what the Pre does (since he has the Pixi) that he might change his mind.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    As much as we'd like to debug the error I'm not sure it would've been any better if he said "Oh hold on I haven't restarted this hour."
    specially if it takes 5 minutes to reboot....
    at least you tried.
    i hated jstop because it barely did anything when i 1st got it but now after all the updates it works great wen ever i get the tmc i open that up hit the garbage collect button wait a few seconds if memory doesn't release i do it again and boom no more tmc
    Yeah...just try and swap it for hardware issues, HA!!! I feel like injuring the sprint tech's when I'm in there.
    It's funny, I have never gotten the too many cards error trying to open NFS, even with other apps open at the same time... now Uno on the other hand, I can't seem to start without a Luna Restart before hand. :-/
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    damn that error! Future updates definitely need to address this problem.
    I got tmc yesterday with asphalt 5, right after a luna restart!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    That guy in the store? He'll be back.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    That guy in the store? He'll be back.
    I don't think so, he des not care about multitasking or 3D gaming, he needs a phone that works, after 1.4 there were lots of reported issues realting to the phone function of WebOS
    I Get the TMC open when I have no thing open...i don't care that Your Pre doesn't ever do it, but mine does and alot as of late
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast