Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Issey_phresh View Post
    Yep...does for me
    Cool I will try it, others were reporting it does not really work.
  2. #42  
    Am the only one who's browser does not reload? I cannot recreate this scenario that so many are describing. I have opened three browser cards, clicked on a book mark and while it was loading viewed all three cards, they are white during this time. If I go back to any of them they are completely loaded and do not reload, ever. Multi-Mod is the only browser patch I have installed. I have a verizon Pre Plus.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    my only issue with the browser is when you go away from a page for awhile and then come back when it reloads sometimes you get a grey bar across the bottom and it will not go away no matter how much you refresh and it only loads down to that point cutting off the rest of the page. Had anyone else had this problem?
    This infuriates me to no end..however I have found a fix. You need to reload the page. The page will reload with the bar in the same spot but this time just put two fingers on the screen as if you were going to use multitouch and the gray bar instantly disappears.

    One more thing to add to this discussion..doesnt Palm realize that it would probably save a crapload of battery life if we didn't have to reload a page everytime we came back to it? Using the data network is one of the main contributors to bad battery life. Duh.
  4.    #44  
    Does anyone know if it is possible to go back to version 1.0 of webOS?

    I have tried all of the different tips and tricks, pages keep reloading.

    I would rather have the web browser like it was than how it is now.

    So, anyone know how to go back to version 1.0? Maybe their is a tutorial somewhere, I have searched but I have not been able to find it.
  5. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #45  
    Mine doesn't reload unless I'm using a lot of ram. Use JsTop to check your ram.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Mine doesn't reload unless I'm using a lot of ram. Use JsTop to check your ram.
    I have done every patch their is, jstop, overclock, whatever, now all I want to do is go back to version 1.0, anyone know if thats possible?


    Every other hack/workaround does not work 100%, so I want to try loading up version 1.0
  7. #47  
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the ipod touch/phone also does this. My touch does, except it's worse, when it reloads it does not relaod to the same position on the page, it goes to the beginning. The pre goes rigt back to where I was and the magnification level it was on.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    There was already a thread addressing it. If you think its a bug then report it to Palm instead of making more threads here about it.
    Will you shut up about it being on all the threads, thinking you run this ****. If its on all the threads why don't you be a little more helpful and point him in the right direction. It really bugs me when people talk down on you because its already been discussed, well did you ever think that it needs to be REDISCUSSED because threads are like a snowflake they are never exactly alike. So let's keep re-posting and re-visiting issues over and over again just to spite Mr. Josh over here, that will really get his blood boiling.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by trblsome9six View Post
    Will you shut up about it being on all the threads, thinking you run this ****. If its on all the threads why don't you be a little more helpful and point him in the right direction. It really bugs me when people talk down on you because its already been discussed, well did you ever think that it needs to be REDISCUSSED because threads are like a snowflake they are never exactly alike. So let's keep re-posting and re-visiting issues over and over again just to spite Mr. Josh over here, that will really get his blood boiling.
    there is no reason to be rude
  10. #50  
    Some people are saying that the iphone reloads pages just like that and that it doesn't remember where you were on the page. That's not true at all. I have an iphone 3GS and right now I have 8 web pages opened at the same time (big pages, 3 are full engadget.com for example) and I can move between them and open links in one or two while I'm seeing another page and I haven't seen any of them reloading so far. I can leave them opened for hours and they remain there. I can even do something new on OS 4.0 beta that if you tilt your iphone sideways you can move between the pages in horizontal mode (not sure if it's a bug or feature lol but is works great).
  11. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #51  
    how much ram is jstop reporting you using? What programs are running under jstop?
  12. #52  
    so having to homebrew your phone is the solution to solving webOS problems. How silly of me to think Palm should actually be doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    Preware solves most of the small issues people have with webOS!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    how much ram is jstop reporting you using? What programs are running under jstop?
    I'll check today whir Im using the phone. I'm guessing I can't go back to 1.0?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by sloopjohnb View Post
    Some people are saying that the iphone reloads pages just like that and that it doesn't remember where you were on the page. That's not true at all. I have an iphone 3GS and right now I have 8 web pages opened at the same time (big pages, 3 are full engadget.com for example) and I can move between them and open links in one or two while I'm seeing another page and I haven't seen any of them reloading so far. I can leave them opened for hours and they remain there. I can even do something new on OS 4.0 beta that if you tilt your iphone sideways you can move between the pages in horizontal mode (not sure if it's a bug or feature lol but is works great).
    really? Maybe it's an iphone specific thing? Or a 3rd gen thing? My 2nd gen touch agrivates me because when I switch pages and go back, not only do they reload, but they reload to the top of the page and fullview (not zoomed in). Any other iusers out there have any comments?
  15. #55  
    Just today Engadget's site got stuck in an endless reloading loop, even if it was the only card open. It'd reload, then be fine for about 25 seconds, then reload again. That was pretty annoying. Even different pages within Engadget did it.

    Seems to have stopped though when I went to a different site. :|
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  16. laze's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ferrei View Post
    Yes Yes Yes! It happens to me all the time when I leave a browser window open for a while. One of my use cases is to keep a Google reader window open throughout the day. I can't do that because every so often I can't scroll any more just like you described.
    Me too, but I will be replacing Google Reader with a decent RSS application that sync with it once there's one available. I hear Scoop's pretty good but it's not in the UK app catalog yet.

    The auto-refresh is one of the few remaining things that really bug me about webOS. Every other little niggle I've had has been addressed in updates. I'm sure Palm are aware of it.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  17. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    Is there a fix for the browser to refresh to the top of the page as you scroll half way down while it's loading?? This is very annoying. I don't recall 1.3.5.1 having this problem.
    Yes this is annoying

    One work around for this is to use the gesture area to scroll( landscape only) when you go back a page and want to start scolling before the page is done loading. Seems if you move the screen by touching it, it causes the page to top left justify when finished loading.

    Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with op's issues with the web browser.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions