Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Will be purchasing a PRE within the next week or so.. when was the last/recent batch of pres made... I'm hoping to get one from then... so I can have a better chance at having a better quality phone (hardware wise)... I'm with Sprint.
    Well chances are the old phones are already sold at any store with business. I bought a new one a couple weeks ago and the build is 12/22/09 or something. And I wasn't able to see that until the phone was on and active. I don't think you can tell by the box or anything else. So good luck, lol.

I think Radio Shack has the best prices right now, then Wal-Mart, then Sprint. Lol.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I thought the dates were on the box... ugh.. I'm guessing you had a very recent build mj. How has your phone's hardware been?
    Nope, just looked and there aren't dates on the box. Mine has personally been great, got a Zaggs full body invisible shield on it. Still looks and feels new. I think some "build quality issues" are there (just like any kind of product...Toyota). But I think some of these issues are slightly exagerated or made worse by the owner.

Example. If you slide your phone vertically like intended and don't try to rotate the screen to see if you have "oreo" you'll probably be fine.
    Didn't see one on my box either. But it shows up as 11/26/09 when I did the ##786# thing. Note: I received this phone on 3/9 from Sprint as a new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    I thought the dates were on the box... ugh.. I'm guessing you had a very recent build mj. How has your phone's hardware been?
    The serial number gives you the production date. This is for ALL Palm models, except some Handspring developed devices. (Treo)

P5PE0 629 53MP For instance gives you the Model and manufacturer country (P5PE0), the manufacturing date: (629) and the Serial number: (53MP).
    The manufacturing date is read m-d-y so in the above example June 2nd, 2009
    My PreGSM is marked 9Q9 so September 22, 2009.
    (The day is not entirely correct, Palm did some changes to the day digit. Earlier models had day 1-9, and then A to V for 10 till 31, i believe Palm uses numbers 1-5, and A-Z for 6 till 31 now.)
    Anyway you can decode your month and year of production quite accurately.