Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, today I went into an AT&T store to check out some 3g USB sticks for my computer, when the rep I was talking with noticed I was available for an upgrade. I have an iPhone and she asked me if I was waiting for the new iPhone. I mentioned that maybe, but that the phone I was really looking forward for was the pre. She then went on to talk about how cool the pre was but wasn't sure if they were going to get it when her manager jumped in and said they were definately going to get it just not sure when. They both the. Went on to talk about how nice the palm phones were and that they could call me up when they were available so i could come in and check them out.

I thought I would share this after all the verizon reps have been pushing the droid that at least at my AT&T store they seem generally excited about the pre and didn't just start talking about the iPhone. I have also been there in the past and asked about the touch pro 2 and backflips and both times the same reps suggested that coming from an iPhone I wouldn't be happy with either of those, but didn't say that about the pre!
    Wow, maybe Palm really has been working hard with AT&T to get the Pre promoted properly. Let's only hope...
    Woot
    Lets hope they are implementing the lessons they learned from the Verizon launch.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I was totally expecting a negative post. This was refreshing.
    Their enthusiasm probably has to do with the incredibly boring smartphone lineup over at AT&T.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Their enthusiasm probably has to do with the incredibly boring smartphone lineup over at AT&T.
    Zing
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Has any android phones been launch to att stores yet? (N1 is online only I think.) If pre can beat android to stores, it won't be a as bad a repeat of what happened with verizon, where the droid was still new and exciting to the reps. iphone will still be king at att but pre will be new and exciting there.
    Let's hope that is true, if you go into a Verizon store and mention the name Pre, all of a sudden the sales people start growling baring their fangs at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Has any android phones been launch to att stores yet? (N1 is online only I think.) If pre can beat android to stores, it won't be a as bad a repeat of what happened with verizon, where the droid was still new and exciting to the reps. iphone will still be king at att but pre will be new and exciting there.
    There's the Moto Backflip, but AT&T has gone out of there way to cripple it by not allowing non-Marketplace apps.

Most reviews it's average device. A decent but mediocre experience overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Woot...........
    Words and/or phrases that i'm sick of (nothing personal, bluenote):

woot
    sweet
    fail
    epic fail
    pics, or it didn't happen
    troll
    flame

Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    DBD----You are a POS----The hardware is great!!!! Your opinion is f**king annoying...what do you do to your phone that you think its a piece of ****!!! Its people like you I cant stand
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18
    DBD why dont you go get laid!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18
    Sorry DBD report me but at least I am positive and trying to help PALMS cause!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Words and/or phrases that i'm sick of (nothing personal, bluenote):

woot
    sweet
    fail
    epic fail
    pics, or it didn't happen
    troll
    flame

"woot" what a sweet word that is, DBD you did not only fail flaming on bluenote, but that was an epic fail, are you a troll?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    "woot" what a sweet word that is, DBD you did not only fail flaming on bluenote, but that was an epic fail, are you a troll?
    I'm really excited to hear that. It's awesome to hear that [some] of AT&T's employees are looking forward to the phone. I'm sure there are some AT&T customers that want the touchscreen experience, but aren't sure if they want an all-touchscreen phone or a Blackberry. This could fill a nice niche for them.
    Palm's learned a hard lesson from their deal with Sprint & Verizon and that's how many smart phones move in store by undecided shoppers swayed by the in store experience. When I was in the Sprint store, had I not read up on the Hero and the Pre myself, I would have been swayed to get the Hero because they were giving me the "are you sure? No one's complained about the Hero" spiel. Palm needs to get on this fast and really train the AT&T reps to really know the specs and not just be left to go on customer feedback (though feedback is valuable).
    I just got a pre at radio shack (free btw) and had a similar experience where the rep tried to switch me to a HTC droid device. And like you, had I not done my homework, I would have been swayed to get the HTC. Not sure why the "Shack" was giving them away free, but what a deal!!! You are so correct that Palm needs to get all over this and it's great to hear AT&T isn't just pushing the iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    Palm's learned a hard lesson from their deal with Sprint & Verizon and that's how many smart phones move in store by undecided shoppers swayed by the in store experience. When I was in the Sprint store, had I not read up on the Hero and the Pre myself, I would have been swayed to get the Hero because they were giving me the "are you sure? No one's complained about the Hero" spiel. Palm needs to get on this fast and really train the AT&T reps to really know the specs and not just be left to go on customer feedback (though feedback is valuable).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    I just got a pre at radio shack (free btw) and had a similar experience where the rep tried to switch me to a HTC droid device. And like you, had I not done my homework, I would have been swayed to get the HTC. Not sure why the "Shack" was giving them away free, but what a deal!!! You are so correct that Palm needs to get all over this and it's great to hear AT&T isn't just pushing the iphone.
    They're giving them away for free to sell more phones, of course. ;D
    It should be interesting in seeing if the reps change their view of the Pre once they get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    epic win!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    go palm!
  20.    #20  
    neat, check out at&t's webos page, you can also sign up for notifications of when they'll be available.

www.att.com/webos
    Last edited by fernandez21; 03/26/2010 at 11:52 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast