• Get rid & wait for future WebOS device

3 5.36%
  • Get rid & jump ship

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    ** GSM Europe thread **
    [Yes, another one of these threads that are all too common in the main non-GSM forum]

Hey all,

- Am already on my third 'new' Pre.
    - This Pre has been in for repair with O2 twice already.
    - O2 are now offering me a fourth Pre, apparently brand new.

I know many of you are in a similar position, i.e. had enough of build quality issues, software issues, bugs, missing functionality, etc...

I love WebOS and I think its by far the best Mobile OS out there, especially in terms of potential , but is the hardware up to scratch......is the OS itself polished/complete enough.......do Palm have enough will to succeed in Europe......

Part of me wants to carry on with the Pre as I detest the iPhone and Android seems quite unintuitive compared to WebOS - so it's also a question of what else is out there! Maybe the Pixi Plus if it ever arrives - that will remove the annoyance with the slider/hardware issues.

If you were in my shoes, i.e. have a chance to leave the Pre scene, what would you do?

Opinions appreciated!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Choose based on the phone that suits your needs. Many have not had hardware problems, why not try your luck again.

Excellent use of emoticons too
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thank you... .

I'd been anticipating the Pre and WebOS since it was announced to the world in Feb 2009; so am very reluctant to let it go.

Hence the predicament...
    I'll keep my Pre and get future WebOS device. (NOT Plus)
    well on one hand, we're all bound to a contract to keep the "contract" for a while.....

i've got to admit that i can't trust the phone, i used it to make a few phone calls in the morning, and it was dead before 11am!!!!!! i had no phone the rest of the day!
    very embarrassing!

android isnt as nice to use, but for sure its more mature and has alot of those little features we're aching to have on the pre.

If you exclude the iphone, all that is left is the nokia. Yes yes its old, its not "web", its not slick etc, but it does the job! take the n86 for example, or n97 (all with free nav too!)

Currently i've got a htc hero, from a friend, to use for a week-ish........

i'll let you know if you want the good and the bad points....
    I'll stay.
    for sure.
    mos def.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I'm having a hard time understanding the OP members emotions behind the post for some reason but I would say wait it out til this summer (world-wide) and then feel out the next device(s)/OS/carrier to use and support for the next year.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 03/24/2010 at 04:27 AM.
    i would atleast wait till the app catalog get sthe update and then see how you feel i think it is going to be a game changer
    UK PRE USER
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding the OP members emotions behind the post for some reason
    Really.., are you?

The main reasons are:

Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    ..and..

- This would be my 4th Pre in the space of 5 months .
    - European Pre owners effectively being treated as second rate customers yet charged premium rates
    - Well documented hardware issues
    - The 'competition' are moving away from streets ahead to worlds apart whilst Palm are trying to address initial teething issues, yes the Pre hardware is 1st gen but then so is the DRIOD from Motorola, as is the Nexus One, etc.

But WebOS is so damn good ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding the OP members emotions behind the post for some reason but I would say wait it out til this summer (world-wide) and then feel out the next device(s)/OS/carrier to use and support for the next year.. .
    its probably because you aren't european
    still with my first pre since october, no need to change anything.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Wow, quite an overwhelming response - with a clear 'winner' in terms of the poll result. Hmm... I wonder how many of the voters were those sneaky American's dropping in on the GSM sub forum again

Thanks for the responses

I am actually still undecided but as O2 should be providing my new Pre within a week-ish, I guess I'll soon decide whether to keep or sell.
    Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in a cheap yet brand new Pre (incl. 2x batteries, 2x USB cables, 2x back cases + all standard boxed items) drop me a PM.
    ** GSM Europe thread **
    [Yes, another one of these threads that are all too common in the main non-GSM forum]

Hey all,

I know many of you are in a similar position, i.e. had enough of build quality issues, software issues, bugs, missing functionality, etc...

I love WebOS and I think its by far the best Mobile OS out there, especially in terms of potential , but is the hardware up to scratch......is the OS itself polished/complete enough.......do Palm have enough will to succeed in Europe......

Part of me wants to carry on with the Pre as I detest the iPhone and Android seems quite unintuitive compared to WebOS - so it's also a question of what else is out there! Maybe the Pixi Plus if it ever arrives - that will remove the annoyance with the slider/hardware issues.

If you were in my shoes, i.e. have a chance to leave the Pre scene, what would you do?

Opinions appreciated!
    I was in your position but thanks god i didn't get a Palm pre. My opinion is just leave the Palm pre and look at the Samsung S8500 Wave with the new Bada OS.

It has a stunning build quality, it surpasses the Palm in all ways and corners, smooth OS, powerful specs, and everything you need without the locked and bad support for unofficial countries.

I used to love Palm but the fact that it is hard to get for me and for my country, plus the bad build quality issues and bugs, etcetra, etcetra.

I was in your shoes and i had a choice of getting the Palm pre, but through research and lots of reviews and videos i concluded that its not meant for me and my requirements.

My Advice: Look and see the Samsung S8500 Wave and its reviews, just from the first glance ull know what im talking about and why i chose it to be my next mobile phone when its launched which hopefully will be in this month which is April. IT IS A PERFECT PHONE surpassing the Palm pre in literally every way (Hardware and Software) even breaking the Iphone's rule in touchscreen phones. Anything the Palm Pre has or the Plus will have, the Samsung S8500 Wave has it better. For e.g. Multitasking, Synergy like function, etc..

Links:
    Samsung S8500 Wave - Full phone specifications

Ohh ya and ofcourse people in this forum will advice you to keep the Palm pre most are Palm pre users and it is a Palm pre website and forum lol

Take advice from phone experts in general to know what meets your requirments and look at reviews and videos just to make sure.

NOTE: THAT'S TOTALLY MY OPINION.
    Last edited by Pirate_777; 04/07/2010 at 12:09 PM.
    No offense but yours sound like an ad... you didn't have to bold the phone name so many times.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I personally talked you OUT of getting a Pre, Sir.
    And that was yesterday. You were almost wetting yourself in excitement over getting a Pre. Because it was all you ever needed to make your life complete.
    Seems your affection fades quickly... Are you 14 by any chance, and every week in love with another girl?
    Yes you did talk me out of it and i thank u for it cause i would of surely regreted it, plus ive been looking at the Palm for a while now for ur info since its launch. (THATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF JOINING THIS FORUM TO START WITH)

Im using an Nokia N900 and a Blackberry Bold 9700 and i wana changed my N900 which is my main mobile phone thats why i was excited in getting a new phone that replaces the bad UI in the N900 and for u to comment in that way for showing my opinion, really shows that ur not well mannered and disrespectful to peoples opinions. Im 22 years old my friend and my relationships are non of ur business, it may show ur lack of love in ur life due to old relationships for offending me.

Well after our last talk i looked and took peoples advice which all ways pointed to the Samsung.
    Yesterday he was even bolder...
    About the Pre.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2363162
    One day
    Next day
    Yes that was yesterday and when i looked around i found somthing better which i didnt know much about, why dont u look for urself and judge i guess that will settle it.
    Well, I seriously apologize if I offended you.
    Just teasing dear. Just teasing...

But just out of curiousity: what phone will you be promoting tomorrow?
    Well ummmm lets see i guess if Nokia released a new Communicator later this year than the old E90, and if that imaginary Communicator is good ill probably tell people about it or ADVICE people about it.

Unless people dont want opinions and advices that is, and they could always say thanks and ignore an advice for what i care about. I just said or did what i felt might help that particular person in need for an advice. Lol or is it a mistake to be kind and helpful these days ?
    what other phones are you interested in?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Guys, please use PM if you'd like to settle a personal disagreement?

That way the this thread can remain on topic.....??

Here is the last on topic post:

Wow, quite an overwhelming response - with a clear 'winner' in terms of the poll result. Hmm... I wonder how many of the voters were those sneaky American's dropping in on the GSM sub forum again

Thanks for the responses

I am actually still undecided but as O2 should be providing my new Pre within a week-ish, I guess I'll soon decide whether to keep or sell.
    Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in a cheap yet brand new Pre (incl. 2x batteries, 2x USB cables, 2x back cases + all standard boxed items) drop me a PM.
    i'll def stick with webOS ...
    unfortunately my Pre power button has gone flat, send it to O2 for reapair,
    hope they are gonna fix it soon, can't be without my pre long
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast