Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This memo was recently recovered by a Sprint tech who found a yet-to-be released Memo from Palm CEO Job Rubinstein in his PRL after doing an update to increase EVDO speeds on his Pre. Due to the confidential nature of the information we cannot disclose the source at this time:

For Release to All Palm Employees:

We are pleased to announce that we have taken the opportunity to swap our entire Marketing Department with the Motorola/Verizon Droid Marketing Unit, plus 50 million in cash and 2 draft picks to be named later.

We believe this will enhance our position twofold:

1) By destroying Motorola's ability to effectively market any Android based product ever again.

2) If they were able to market THAT just imagine the possibilities for webOS.

We believe Palm has an even brighter future as a result and wish Motorola all the best.
    dork. Get a life.
    nothing else to do uhhh???
    Since when does Palm have an internal marketing department?
    Those 2 draft picks should come in handy
    what are you? A 14 year old that didn't go to school today.

sorry, but I just don't believe is true.
    some people can't take a joke huh
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986 View Post
    some people can't take a joke huh
    or have their heads so far up their own ***** that they reply to threads without actually reading them. it was 100% obviously a joke. some people just love being forum trolls, it makes their life seem meaningful

"try search" is my favorite.
    This was beyond a joke, it was more lame and makes the OP look like a fool with nothing better to do.
    I thought it was mildly funny. Anyone who took it at face value needs to step away from the computer for a bit.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Save it for April foosball day.
    i can has banana?
    rumors like this can hurt innocent people.

Mods should lock this one up
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    This memo was recently recovered by a Sprint tech who found a yet-to-be released Memo from Palm CEO Job Rubinstein in his PRL after doing an update to increase EVDO speeds on his Pre. Due to the confidential nature of the information we cannot disclose the source at this time:

For Release to All Palm Employees:

We are pleased to announce that we have taken the opportunity to swap our entire Marketing Department with the Motorola/Verizon Droid Marketing Unit, plus 50 million in cash and 2 draft picks to be named later.

We believe this will enhance our position twofold:

1) By destroying Motorola's ability to effectively market any Android based product ever again.

2) If they were able to market THAT just imagine the possibilities for webOS.

We believe Palm has an even brighter future as a result and wish Motorola all the best.
    Wow, people are brutal. I knew from the subject it was going to be a joke. I thought it was funny. Tensions are just really high right now with all the negative press I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    ...found a yet-to-be released Memo from Palm CEO Job Rubinstein in his PRL after doing an update to increase EVDO speeds on his Pre....
    Weak.

A memo "in" his PRL. Ya...that's where I save all my messages....in my PRL.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  16.    #16  
    Mods do what you need to do. Anybody who takes it seriously should lighten up or go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Weak.

A memo "in" his PRL. Ya...that's where I save all my messages....in my PRL.
    I thought that was the funniest line of the whole thing due to the millions of things updating the PRL supposedly fixes...

I am amazed anyone took this seriously.
    I thought it was quite amusing.
    this was more pointless than amusing.
    It's in dark blue font, it must be true.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast