Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I thought it was funny.

Thanks for trying to lighten things up around here.

its a joke yes, but we in the forums don't need to hear no see crap like that.
    forums should have to be submitted from now on and reviews or deleted if stupid like this one
    Ah, I had not seen the slashdot post. This is amusing.
    One can wish
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    what are you? A 14 year old that didn't go to school today.

sorry, but I just don't believe is true.
    if you think this is true, you need to get off the forums and learn how to take a joke
    Ah... it gave me a chuckle today. I got even more when people acted to irritated.
    LOL, this joke did state the obvious. Let's see let's look back at Palm's advertising history. 3 months of "creepy girl" advertising followed by 5 months of no advertising and then the advertising drought was followed by the weird "pre for moms" TV adds and now finally 10 months after the first release of the Pre they finally put out some decent ads.

Hmmmm..
    Yeah people's reactions made me laugh

And then it made me sad

Are things really that bad around here?

And for the record, I would easily fire the guy who came up with the Mom ad and replace him with a trained monkey. The monkey might come up with something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    LOL, this joke did state the obvious. Let's see let's look back at Palm's advertising history. 3 months of "creepy girl" advertising followed by 5 months of no advertising and then the advertising drought was followed by the weird "pre for moms" TV adds and now finally 10 months after the first release of the Pre they finally put out some decent ads.

Hmmmm..
    The Mom ads weren't just weird but perhaps killed Palm's start on Verizon.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    Ah, I had not seen the slashdot post. This is amusing.
    Aha! We have a winner! This wasn't intended as a contest (only some fun satire) but for your piecing that together I think its warranted. PM me for your winnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    This memo was recently recovered by a Sprint tech who found a yet-to-be released Memo from Palm CEO Job Rubinstein in his PRL after doing an update to increase EVDO speeds on his Pre. Due to the confidential nature of the information we cannot disclose the source at this time:

For Release to All Palm Employees:

We are pleased to announce that we have taken the opportunity to swap our entire Marketing Department with the Motorola/Verizon Droid Marketing Unit, plus 50 million in cash and 2 draft picks to be named later.

We believe this will enhance our position twofold:

1) By destroying Motorola's ability to effectively market any Android based product ever again.

2) If they were able to market THAT just imagine the possibilities for webOS.

We believe Palm has an even brighter future as a result and wish Motorola all the best.
    Ahaha that was funny. Draft picks line was the best. Wish people around here could take a joke...
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    it's no joke..palm needs to fire every person in the marketing department asap.
    I'm suddenly no longer in a bad mood.
    It's funny.
    They got to change their marketing strategy. Palm went on record at E309 saying they weren't looking to top the iPhone, but were looking for their "niche" market. Judging by their marketing they're going after the female 25-40 market because research shows that demographic has not been lured into buying smartphones just yet. This clearly has failed big time and Palm needs to turn their attention back to smart phone users and stop sending them the message that hey this phone's not for you, it's for moms on the go. They created a phone for the hardcore user with the ability to play 3D games, multitask, etc., but their marketing isn't geared to highlight any of these strengths.
    And I apologize to any hardcore smart phone using moms on the go, you ladies rock.
    its spring break. damn you lil kids..hahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    This memo was recently recovered by a Sprint tech who found a yet-to-be released Memo from Palm CEO Job Rubinstein in his PRL afterdoing an update to increase EVDO speeds on his Pre.
    So the Sprint Tech was using my guide? haha
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    dork. Get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    nothing else to do uhhh???
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    what are you? A 14 year old that didn't go to school today.

sorry, but I just don't believe is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    This was beyond a joke, it was more lame and makes the OP look like a fool with nothing better to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    rumors like this can hurt innocent people.

Mods should lock this one up
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    this was more pointless than amusing.
    What the hell is wrong with you all. If you have a problem with humor, just don't post an answer. Do you all talk to your friends and family this way?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast