Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I was thinking about who should buy Palm and save WebOS. MS, Apple, Google could use the patent portfolio. RIM and HTC need an OS. But why not Nintendo?

What's the thing Palm defenders can't shut up about. MULTITASKING. It really is far beyond what anyone else can do, but the problem is there just aren't many quality apps to task between. But imagine it on some wacky DS Phone.

Games are the best example of multitasking and two screens open up cool possibilities. Imagine throwing cards back and forth or running business and games both at once.

Nintendo is incredibly popular but you can see trends shifting away from the standalone game machine so they NEED to get a touchscreen mobile platform. They have the build quality, they have the fans, they have the money and they have the need so why not?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ___
    Have already Pre-ordered my Nintendo Pre 2
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I dont think it will happen though as Nintendo still seem dedicated to standalone gaming only.. They have just released news of their new handheld. It could be good if the tech works!!

Nintendo 3DS announced with glasses-free 3D gaming | T3 magazine
    ___
    Have already Pre-ordered my Nintendo Pre 2
    what if Hershey buys palm???
    I love Nintendo. I love Palm
    "questo matrimonio s'ha da fare!!"
    it would be marvellous for me. but almost impossible
    They have the build quality
    true. and one of the best talkin about consumer electronic. it appears cheap. but isn't.
    they have the fans
    a lot and loyal to the death
    they have the money
    A CATASTROFIC QUANTITY. they maximized the gain through the Wii and various generations of Ds's...
    and they have the need
    this is the point. they have not any needs inside the smartphone market. They born as game company. and probably they'll die like that.
    If there could be a minimal possibility, i bet Nintendo would be Nintendo, and Palm always Palm. just with one big boss
    Last edited by mastahaze; 03/23/2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: adding quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    That's a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I was thinking about who should buy Palm and save WebOS. MS, Apple, Google could use the patent portfolio. RIM and HTC need an OS. But why not Nintendo?
    I wish you could have seen my face when I read your thread title. If Palm gets bought, I love the idea of Nintendo.

Edit - On second thought, I can see that ending homebrew.
    i say starbucks should buy palm. then i'll get my damn cappuccino app >: (
    I see Pepsi as a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post