1.    #1  
    my battery life sucks lately. I did briefly see a notification that "news is upfating". I have a bunch of news apps, so I don't know who the culprit is. How can I view processes that are running in the background?
    only way I know of is to use the jstop app in preware .Jstop is the closest thing to that .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I just installed it, and only shows open apps and ui.
    I know I have Switcharoo running, but wasn't displayed. Thanks for the suggestion.
    I think it's an issue with 1.4.

There's an update coming in the next couple of weeks that should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    my battery life sucks lately. I did briefly see a notification that "news is upfating". I have a bunch of news apps, so I don't know who the culprit is. How can I view processes that are running in the background?

Well previous to 1.4 you could just open the the Terminal app and run the Linux "top" command. This will show you all the processes in order by CPU and memory utilization that are running on your Pre.

Right now, Terminal doesn't work and Terminus does not work properly in vt100 emulation mode therefor "top" output does not work correctly.

JStop shows you only what Java threads are running, so there are a LOT of processes that are running on your Pre that you will never see.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Do you have the "People" app? I think it displays a message like that. But I'm not sure that that is hurting your battery life.

Joe
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    Do you have the "People" app? I think it displays a message like that. But I'm not sure that that is hurting your battery life.

Joe
    I do have the People app, but really don't use it. I'll try deleting it.

Thanks.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-