1.    #1  
    Sounds pretty basic, but when typing a long SMS it will only show 5 or 6 lines of text from the end of the message upwards - is there a way to scroll back up and preview the beginning of the sms your typing?

So far I can't see how to do it and have had to send them off blindly hoping for the best
    Hold down the orange key and then move your finger up or down on the screen and that will move the cursor and scroll the text.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    You can use the orange key but the patch works better in my opinion. . The patch allows your to press "Sym + G" and "Sym + F" to jump one word at a time in either direction.

The patch is in Preware or in WebOS Quick Install. It's called "Jump one word at a time."
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    cool the orange key works a treat - that'll do me nicely thanks!

I bought my phone off ebay so can't take it back to a shop if it breaks - makes me a little weary of installing patches!
    Quote Originally Posted by martinb1982 View Post

I bought my phone off ebay so can't take it back to a shop if it breaks - makes me a little weary of installing patches!

Patches won't break your phone. No worries there. If things should go wonky with the OS you can just run the Doctor on it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6.    #6  
    is there a patch to make the H/$ key type the £ sign instead of $ (as im a UK customer). At the minute I have to hit the symbol key then tap £ on the screen which is the only annoyance I have with typing.
    SYM+H will let you choose between the currencies (at least on my german pre).
    is there a patch to make the H/$ key type the £ sign instead of $ (as im a UK customer). At the minute I have to hit the symbol key then tap £ on the screen which is the only annoyance I have with typing.
    You can try the "Regional Settings" app on the last launcher page. You can make sure it is set to UK which changes the currency format.

I'm not sure if it will change the key to default to £, but it's worth a look.
    ... Just out of curiosity, are you writing a novel via SMS, or what?
    doesnt SMS have a 160 character size limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    doesnt SMS have a 160 character size limit?
    Yes, but the Pre will split it up as the message gets longer... will split/send up to 6 'pages' of text via SMS (i should know I like to spam my wife every once in a while with smiley faces and just copy/paste until all 6 pages are full lol)

--edit--

It will display 1of2 or 1of3 etc.. when it splits messages longer than 160 characters
    Last edited by fastamx79; 03/23/2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added more info
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Yes, but the Pre will split it up as the message gets longer... will split/send up to 6 'pages' of text via SMS (i should know I like to spam my wife every once in a while with smiley faces and just copy/paste until all 6 pages are full lol)

--edit--

It will display 1of2 or 1of3 etc.. when it splits messages longer than 160 characters
    Ah. I guess if I have something that long to say, I have a nifty thing called a "phone" built into the Pre.

Sprint is doing open enrollment into the protection plan all month...I would take advantage of that! Assuming you aren't Verizon....
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Ah. I guess if I have something that long to say, I have a nifty thing called a "phone" built into the Pre.
    Or if you are like me, who works in a building surrounded by radio broadcasting equipment in a production room in the lower floor with maybe 1 or 2 bars tops, it is easier to type a message than fight with dropped calls.. or txting people who can't get to a phone
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... Just out of curiosity, are you writing a novel via SMS, or what?
    I argue with my girlfriend alot via SMS lol. Shame there isn't an app that grovels for you haha