1.    #1  
    I was just wondering why there aren't any applications for different mobile web browsers? I had the treo pro before my pre and had several mobile web browsers such as skyfire. I have no complaints with the pre's browser now, just thought it might be nice to have some other options. Any ideas?
    Mainly because the SDK didn't allow for native apps, but now the PDK does, so we will probably see more browsers soon.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    that would be nice.
    opera just wasted their time creating and submotting and iphone bersion of Opera mobile browser. Why can they do webOS?.. @ least they will make money...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    I was just wondering why there aren't any applications for different mobile web browsers? I had the treo pro before my pre and had several mobile web browsers such as skyfire. I have no complaints with the pre's browser now, just thought it might be nice to have some other options. Any ideas?
    I think you nailed it with the part I put in bold. Let's face it, the Treo's browser wasn't so hot. Though there is probably room for some improvement on the Pre's, I don't think it's enough to really motivate a lot of folks to try to bring other browsers to the Pre, or start one from scratch.
    I generally would find no need for another as we have an exceptional browser already, but Opera's compression is very enticing at times of lousy 3G, or when opening a very large web-page.
  7.    #7  
    i guess another reason i'm thinking about one is the possibility of flash capability. i know on my treo, the internet explorer didn't support flash, but other browsers did. that was nice. i guess i'm too impatient to wait for the flash plugin >: (