Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    +1 nice
    If the Pre makes phone of the year I wounder what the new phone from Palm would be.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading that article.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Go Palm go! If they can just get a grip on the quality control issues, AND get the phone to more carriers, AND finally get some decent advertising (kicking that creepy albino chick to the curb!) then they *might* still have enough pulse left to pull themselves out of the muck pile they're currently in.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    This is great news.....more buzz being built....I wish reviewers did this a little earlier, but better late then never.....
    Phone of the year? It's only March
    In short, the Palm Pre Plus is likely to stay on top for 2010, and we think it’s the best buy out there.
    that's awesome. thanks for sharing!
    If only Sprint would get this "phone of the year" because the original Pre isn't.
    Good stuff. These guys clearly know what they're talking about!
    It also won the voting against the Nexus One on LaptopMag today.
    March Smart Phone Madness Game 6: Nexus One vs. Palm Pre Plus

And Attack of the Show gave the Pre Plus their first-EVER rating of 5.

Here is another Nexus One fail that you will enjoy!

March Smart Phone Madness Game 6: Nexus One vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If only Sprint would get this "phone of the year" because the original Pre isn't.
    That's the weirdest, funniest, saddest part of it all. Sprint was where the best sales were, but they get the worst devices from Palm. Verizon is doing everything to fillet Palm and get people to go to Droid, but they get the Plus versions and Mobile Hotspot for an indefinite exclusive.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Sadly it's too late for the Pre and for Palm.

It might be a good phone in theory but the glitchiness of the Pre along with the lack of promised Apps has killed it.
    It may be too late for Palm, but only time, and not the armchair analyst jumping on the deathwatch bandwagon, will tell.

What apps to you feel were promised, but not delivered?
    Thanks for the article
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Phone of the year? It's only March
    I know, but getting a positive hit out in the media is a good thing. Palm needs more positive "spots" out in the media. The more people see anything Palm is good for the survival of what we love (WebOS)
    Every chance I get I am standing on the soap box saying Palm/WebOS is better than whatever you are using!!
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf3476 View Post
    It may be too late for Palm, but only time, and not the armchair analyst jumping on the deathwatch bandwagon, will tell.

What apps to you feel were promised, but not delivered?
    Other than Flash, I have everything I expected. And I'm not in a hurry for Flash.

I want Palm to work on refinements, especially where they need to add functionality that was lost from PalmOS for those of us that were power users of older Palm devices.

There is no major app I've needed and not found. There are many I haven't needed but I bought them anyway.

There are a few apps that need some competition so they will be motivated to improve usability or add features.

But generally speaking, I'm happy!
    CNET gave the Plus an 8 out of 10. User reviews are positive.4 out of 5 stars.

That's generally what most reviews say thanks in part to the wifi hotspot option.

A month or two later, these same reviewers are giving "tips" on what Palm could do to bounce back (either that or they're writing Palm's obituary citing all the "obvious" missteps that they somehow neglected to write about before including "bad hardware" that they glowingly reviewed just weeks ago).

I haven't really used a Plus version as i only know the bad quality based on several i went through at Sprint.
  17.    #18  
    I also have a Sprint Pre, not a Pre Plus. Although, I am fortunate in that I did not experience any defects; I'm still on my launch day Pre.

I've never used a Pre Plus, and while I'm a bit jealous of the extra memory on the Plus, I've been happy with my original Pre.