Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Whenever I make a call I cannot hear the ringing, but it's making the call. When the they pick up they cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. If I put it on speaker we can both hear each other fine and when on speaker phone I can actually hear the phone ringing.

I had quite a few patches installed, but I removed them all, restarted luna, turned off the phone, removed battery, ran EPR and I am still running into this problem.

I would like to prevent having to run the doctor and losing some of my content. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

TIA
    headphone jack could be stuck. Remember the "three Rs" of computer science. Reset, Reconfigure, Reinstall. Start with the unfortunate and slow reset and see if that helps...

There is also a patch that someone wrote to help with a stuck headphone jack...

also, when you get a call you can't hear, switch to speakerphone and you may be able to hear them. Not because I think that's a workaround, but it helped me trouble shoot this when it happened to me. It only happened that once, and a reset solved it for me.
    you have the headset jack bug.

(search for it on the forum)

try this t fix: play a music (or pandora), with headphone IN.

during the music, PULL OUT the wired headset.

if music starts playing out of your speaker consider it fixed
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yeah I forgot about that. Happened to me once before. I should have thought about that.

To the other who replied, please read my post next time before responding.
    When It happened to me I just cleaned it by taking the headphone plug and dipping it in alcohol and then sliding it in and out of the jack. Cleaned the plug and repeated it a few times. Did this with the phone powered off. It started working again and I have never used the jack again.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I was getting it alot but havent had the problem sicne updating to 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgrundvig View Post
    Yeah I forgot about that. Happened to me once before. I should have thought about that.

To the other who replied, please read my post next time before responding.
    Take and cotton swab, remove some cotton from the end, dip it in alcohol, and clean the jack. This solves the stuck headphone jack issue every time for me.

On a separate note, the other poster was just trying to help you, and posted helpful information. It is also a public forum and he is free to reply to you. There is no need to be a ****** bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    I was getting it alot but havent had the problem sicne updating to 1.4.
    Still a problem under 1.4 ... had it the other day. A quick workaround for me has been when you take a call (from someone important) and you know the earphone speaker isn't working right to touch the "speakerphone" button. Of course everyone around you will hear your call, but you'll be able to let them know that you're having phone problems and can call them back in a few minutes. (from my experience, soft resets and power downs don't work -- try the plugging headphones in and removing while audio is playing through them)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    you have the headset jack bug.

(search for it on the forum)

try this t fix: play a music (or pandora), with headphone IN.

during the music, PULL OUT the wired headset.

if music starts playing out of your speaker consider it fixed
    do your think i should take the earphones out before i throw this SOB into the lake? i have tried every suggestion listed in this and other threads on this issue. i still have to go to speakerphone if i want to actually use this POS as a phone.

anyone know if there is a real fix for this problem coming out, or even being considered, by the technicians at PALM?

disgusted,
    deadpre
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Have you tried:
    Plug in and unplug the headphones multiple times to reset the switch
    Clean the jack and plug
    Reset the phone

I have had this happen once. I plug and unplug my headset probably a dozen times a day. To fix I just repeatedly (3 or 4 times) inserted and removed the plug from the jack.

Try to be more pleasant and less hostile and maybe you'll get more help. This has been discussed hundreds (exaggeration) of times.
    thanks mcgee,
    yes, i have done all suggested. sorry, just frustrated at this device, no harm intended.
    all i get from the sprint store is to trade it in for another phone (used), which is nice, but still no fix.
    i did get it to work normally once, removed the battery, put in an old discharged battery, let it charge up from zero, and it worked as it is supposed to. i plugged in ear phones to listen to audio recently, and then the phone went back to acting up again.
    maybe obviously, plugging earphones caused it to go bad, but i can not get it to work again. very frustrating, to say the least.
    i know by following this forum that this is not unique to me. several coworkers have the same phone and have never had the same problems.
    thanks
    deadpre