1.    #1  
    Been hanging around the forum here for quite some time, but I finally got my Pre (last evening).

I had been on the fence for a while about waiting for something new to drop by my contract renewal date (June 13), but all the constant news of stocks dropping, phones not selling, stock piles building (1.3million+ sitting on wharehouse shelves) and otherwise bad press (including a not so insignificant amount generated right here by PreCentral forum members) prompted me to just stop waiting around for something that was quite likely not going to happen (a refreshed Pre by June).

I know, I know. Wait for the Supersonic, yada yada yada. I'm frankly not at all interested in the Supersonic. I fell in love with the form factor of the Pre when it dropped a year ago. I've been lusting over it ever since. I'll put up with whatever shortcomings it may have - at least for the next year anyway.

The other thing that really got me off the fence was the deal I got at Radio Shack which ends March 27th - $79.99 for existing Sprint customers. And somehow they were able to use my $150 credit before my elligibility was even set to kick in (April 1). I simply couldn't pass that up.

Anyway... Glad to finally be official!

First order of business, after a Phantom Skin - do that carbon fiber backing: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2232897
    congrats and I welcome you "officially".
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    welcome
    well if its to slow or sluggish you could always load up one of the speed patches . The 720 or 800 kernel... By caj2008 and unixpsycho . They have done a great job on them and they are releasing them to the public tomorrow sometime
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Congratulations!! I can feel your enthusiasm leaping off the screen! I'm super happy for you! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I love my Pre+.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Welcome my good man! And remember, you must download WebOS Quick Install v 3.0 right away, and Preware.

Quick Install

Preware

With all the apps, and patches, trust me, you'll be happy you did.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Congratulations!! I can feel your enthusiasm leaping off the screen! I'm super happy for you! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I love my Pre+.
    Yep. I'm about as giddy as most of you all were on June 6th last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Welcome my good man! And remember, you must download WebOS Quick Install v 3.0 right away, and Preware.

Quick Install

Preware

With all the apps, and patches, trust me, you'll be happy you did.

For sure! And thanks for the reminder. There are quite a few things I'll be doing to bring my device up to speed. I've got 10 months worth of notes to reference. This will be a fun weekend for me.

Unfortunately though, when I got into work this morning and showed it to a co-worker, guess what her first 6 words were? "I've never heard of it before" To which I replied, "Well, frankly, I'm not at all surprised. Marketing has been extremely weak on it."
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    OP I am in the same boat as you, my contract is up for a 2 year upgrade on April 1st... How did you get Radio Shack to renew it before that date? I tried Best buy mobile, sprint store and Radio shack..and they all said it was new policy and that I had to wait till april 1st before I was able to upgrade..

Give me your secret so I can get my pre today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Yep. I'm about as giddy as most of you all were on June 6th last year.
    I have a Pre+ with Verizon so I'm still in the giddy phase, right along with you! Like you, I've been lusting after this device since Jan 09...and it feels so good to finally have it!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Welcome! The fun begins now.
    cool,enjoy ur stay
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    OP I am in the same boat as you, my contract is up for a 2 year upgrade on April 1st... How did you get Radio Shack to renew it before that date? I tried Best buy mobile, sprint store and Radio shack..and they all said it was new policy and that I had to wait till april 1st before I was able to upgrade..

Give me your secret so I can get my pre today!
    I wish I could give you a secret, but there was none. Must have been the favor of God, because I was as shocked as anybody else when the store manager told me that I was elligible "right now".

He said that sometimes they (Radio Shack) are able to get in and access that upgrade credit early. And fortunately it worked, because after March 27th their price goes back to $130. Which is still $20 better than Best Buy. Both Best buy and Radio Shack are better than the Sprint store, because you get the $100 rebate instantly instead of mail-in.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm gonna go back to Radio Shack and tell them, a friend of mine got their pre Early...maybe that will work.. Lol.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Congratulations! Had my Sprint Pre since October and still love it!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Congrats on getting your Pre. I have had mine for many months and still find myself giddy with all the homebrew things that can be done on the phone. I try to remind myself of that when I have to doctor lol.