1.    #1  
    As I have seen some design changes for the PrPrPré $in$ $peoples$ $avatars$, $I$'$m$ $very$ $interested$ $to$ $see$ $them$ $as$ $a$ $bigger$ $picture$ $with$ $the$ $thoughts$ $put$ $into$ $them$ $listed$ $beneath$.

You are welcome to post your idea as a picture in here. If there's a change you are unable to realize in a picture (e.g. non-curved slider), just describe it below, though a picture is always better.

Regarding Palms stocks and the long time it would require Palm to really realize one of our inspirations, some s around here may ask for some deep sense. Well, here are the reasons why:

1. It's fun and interesting.
    2. BECAUSE WE CAN! =)

I didn't find an equal thread so please don't bash me if here happens to be one...

For the existing Pre it could look like this:

Changes:
    - none -

Ups and Downs:

The Slider makes it possible to use the keyboard in upward orientation, which suits the OS the best, but limits the size of the keyboard.
    The curve in the slider looks futuristic, maybe the angle makes it easier to observe the screen while typing, but it also makes it less sturdy and you need to know the right spots to push it without problems.

The button makes it look less sleek, but can be used for LED notifications and gives an orientation while in landscape mode (e.g. while playing NFSU).

Screen is maybe a bit small. It makes the phone smaller, but thicker. If you prefer it e.g. over the dimensions of the iPhone is a thing of taste.
    etc. ...

HAVE FUN!

(I will propose one myself when I'm at home, german evening, but in the moment I'm in the office...)
  2.    #2  
    Since none of you posted their version, I will post a landscape version of the PrPrPré. $For$ $the$ $lack$ $of$ $skills$ $it$ $is$ $but$ $poorly$ $done$ $and$ $probably$ $not$ $very$ $well$ $thought$ $through$, $but$ $it$ $will$ $to$ $give$ $a$ $push$ $to$ $imagination$.

And I'm still hoping for one or two of the versions I already spotted in some peoples avatars around here!

WebOS and some apps would of course have to be adapted to landscape-writing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    ...and of course the obvious

Attached Images Attached Images
    I think if they at least allowed the home screen to respect the accelerometer it would be a cool new feature. That would prob mean implementing a proper virtual keyboard. However in landscape mode you would be able to see more apps across the screen with the additional width. Not to mention its just sorta cool to be able to have the home screen swap around based on how youre holding the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    I think if they at least allowed the home screen to respect the accelerometer it would be a cool new feature. That would prob mean implementing a proper virtual keyboard. However in landscape mode you would be able to see more apps across the screen with the additional width. Not to mention its just sorta cool to be able to have the home screen swap around based on how youre holding the phone.
    Amen. This is something I have wanted for a while.