Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    lets say I take a video, then delete it... Where does it go? Who can access it? Am I paranoid?
    No need to worry, the files upon deletion are beamed to the microchip we installed in your brain. Where our spooky team of government agents parked in the cleaning van outside your house, retrieve every night while conducting several genetic experiments on your unconscious body. They then compile each month's data onto a DVD that gets sent out to everyone you ever dated, your priest and eccentric millionaires in Dubai.

When you delete a file it's baleeted. No need to be paranoid. It hasn't uploaded your crazy sex party to my computer, with which I have not hosted several very successful viewing parties with foreign dignitaries. So yeah don't worry about it, just keep videotaping illegal stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    lets say I take a video, then delete it... Where does it go? Who can access it? Am I paranoid?
    Here is the 'just a bit technical' answer*... When you delete a video or picture nothing is really deleted. The operating system (in this case WebOS) marks the space that the file (in this case your video) takes up as free space so that new data can be put there. Until something is written over that space, like a new video, a song, pictures or what ever, the file is still relatively easy to recover / un-delete. There are a number of free photo recovery tools that you can use.

*To the other techies, remember that this is a kitchen table explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Here is the 'just a bit technical' answer*... When you delete a video or picture nothing is really deleted. The operating system (in this case WebOS) marks the space that the file (in this case your video) takes up as free space so that new data can be put there. Until something is written over that space, like a new video, a song, pictures or what ever, the file is still relatively easy to recover / un-delete. There are a number of free photo recovery tools that you can use.

*To the other techies, remember that this is a kitchen table explanation.
    Very accurate, but it should be noted that, with a few notable exceptions, that recovered pics and videos can be corrupted in the process of recovery. In simple terms do not take pic or videos that you afraid of someone else seeing.... Wear a tinfoil hat it will protect you...
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    No need to worry, the files upon deletion are beamed to the microchip we installed in your brain. Where our spooky team of government agents parked in the cleaning van outside your house, retrieve every night while conducting several genetic experiments on your unconscious body. They then compile each month's data onto a DVD that gets sent out to everyone you ever dated, your priest and eccentric millionaires in Dubai.

When you delete a file it's baleeted. No need to be paranoid. It hasn't uploaded your crazy sex party to my computer, with which I have not hosted several very successful viewing parties with foreign dignitaries. So yeah don't worry about it, just keep videotaping illegal stuff.
    phew!
    can you please lsit some free apps or programs that can recover a file I deleted. I deleted a really cool video and want it back. Happened a fewminutes ago so it may not have been overwritten yet.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Makes me interested in what kind of images are being stored on my Pre although I recently filled my entire flash memory with music to the brim so I'm positive that it probably overwrote the deleted pictures.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.