1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just had a strange experience and wonder if anyone has any ideas what happened. I just took the phone off the charger to use it and it wouldn't turn on. Tried: pressing power, holding power, opening slider, remove battery & replace after 60 seconds. None of that worked. It was working fine just a couple of minutes before. Came on when I plugged in the charger, turned it off, unplugged it a couple of minutes later and nothing happened. I hadn't installed anything, no new patches, no new anything. Just normal use. I thought I had made a brick.

What DID work was following the first few steps (1-8) in caj2008's post at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html and thankfully it worked with no data loss.

What exactly do those steps (remove battery, hold up, plug in, put battery back in) do? Any ideas what might have happened so I can make sure I don't do it again?

Thanks for any help,
    Panagiotis
    it has happened to me also, only I just pulled the battery and all was well..
    it has happened to me also, only I just pulled the battery and all was well..
  4.    #4  
    Does anybody have any idea why this might have happened? Or what those few recovery steps particularly do?
  5.    #5  
    Does anybody have any idea why this might have happened? Or what those few recovery steps particularly do?