Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    The DROID (Didnt Dominos Pizza feature a character called the Droid back in the day?)

The Top 10 Things the DROID Doesnt Do That Palm Pre DOES:
    Droid canít sync email without a gmail account: Palm Pre DOES right outof the box.
    Droid canít sync my calendar, tasks or contacts without a gmail account: Palm Pre DOES
    Even with an exchange server, syncing doesnít work well: Palm Pre DOES right outof the box.
    I canít buy apps without a gmail account: With Palm Pre you CAN
    The apps you can get donít run properly without a gmail account:Palm Pre DOES
    Google runs everything on the phone: Whats a Google? and Why does Palm need it to run Everything?
    Google doesnít allow non-google approved applications like ubertwitter: Palm Pre DOES
    Yahoo? Nope, no access to that either. Palm Pre DOES Yahoo Mail and Instant Messaging out of the box
    Google and gmail are not user friendly: Palm Pre DOES User Friendly
    Did I mention google monopolized it completely?? CAN YOU SAY MICROSOFT?
    Yeah the phone may look cool, the buttons work well, it covered all the things that the iphone canít do (pics in the dark anyone?), runs multi applications and has both a real keyboard (that sucks) and a virtual keyboard (redundant)Öbut it is designed to completely alienate anyone who doesnít LIVE and DIE by Google. PRE ROCKS!!! ONWARD TO VICTORY!!!!
  2. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I don't see where to vote!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I don't see where to vote!
    look in my sig
    Wow.

Motorola Droid (VZW) 39% (5,992 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 61% (9,512 votes)
    Total Votes: 15,504

http://blog.laptopmag.com/march-smar...-palm-pre-plus
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenjxn View Post
    The DROID (Didnt Dominos Pizza feature a character called the Droid back in the day?)

The Top 10 Things the DROID Doesnt Do That Palm Pre DOES:
    Droid can’t sync email without a gmail account: Palm Pre DOES right outof the box.
    Droid can’t sync my calendar, tasks or contacts without a gmail account: Palm Pre DOES
    Even with an exchange server, syncing doesn’t work well: Palm Pre DOES right outof the box.
    I can’t buy apps without a gmail account: With Palm Pre you CAN
    The apps you can get don’t run properly without a gmail account:Palm Pre DOES
    Google runs everything on the phone: Whats a Google? and Why does Palm need it to run Everything?
    Google doesn’t allow non-google approved applications like ubertwitter: Palm Pre DOES
    Yahoo? Nope, no access to that either. Palm Pre DOES Yahoo Mail and Instant Messaging out of the box
    Google and gmail are not user friendly: Palm Pre DOES User Friendly
    Did I mention google monopolized it completely?? CAN YOU SAY MICROSOFT?
    Yeah the phone may look cool, the buttons work well, it covered all the things that the iphone can’t do (pics in the dark anyone?), runs multi applications and has both a real keyboard (that sucks) and a virtual keyboard (redundant)…but it is designed to completely alienate anyone who doesn’t LIVE and DIE by Google. PRE ROCKS!!! ONWARD TO VICTORY!!!!
    Very Very Very indeed

If we look at the the Google's point of view, it is their advantages rather than disadvantages Google could only have sources of income (because they provide the os free to manufacturers) by increasing and restricting soley to their account holders. Palm has no such additional sources of income as Android has. I had brought a HTC hero for my son. He had never a gmail account and he was forced to open an account to use his phone.

I terrifibly hate android phone after I learnt that.

And I will switch my daily-using email to yahoo. Google has taken all my privacy, my tax file, bank accoount (through email), my family & friends, business contacts(google contacts), daily life schedule, conversations(google talk), where I live and present locations (GPS). ........etc.
    Google is 100 times effective and terrible(if he will) than Soviet Union's secret police.

And this is what Palm's community or any born-to-be free man should speak up loudly.
    Last edited by tonylawca; 04/02/2010 at 05:39 PM.
    What else can i do to help with this vote, besides tell everyone i know? I keep hearing lets stay atop, but being that it lets you only vote once, what else is going on? I want in..
    Let's make the goal to get at least 50,000 votes for the Palm Pre Plus by Monday. Then it would look amazing, so keep telling all of your friends everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    What else can i do to help with this vote, besides tell everyone i know? I keep hearing lets stay atop, but being that it lets you only vote once, what else is going on? I want in..
    vote from phone and computer @ your house.. grandmas computer.. uncles.. library.. school blah blah
    hey guys I'm mobile right now,can anyone tell me if my signature shows when I'm mobile???
    I dont see your sig on your post if thats what you mean...
    never mind I fixed it for mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkingc4 View Post
    vote from phone and computer @ your house.. grandmas computer.. uncles.. library.. school blah blah
    Haha, or tell friends to vote.
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    We're now 4000 votes ahead, keep telling friends about this poll and to vote for the Palm Pre Plus
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmwebos View Post
    We're now 4000 votes ahead, keep telling friends about this poll and to vote for the Palm Pre Plus
    alright we are brothers lol we need more
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You are correct. The loyal and enthusiastic user community that Palm had alway had is their most valuable asset.

Instead of market research and focus groups, they could get better iinformation and strategy from all of us. That was recently demonstrated with all the home made Pre commercials that PreCentral members did.
    Totally agree. There's more heads of ideas here than they can hire. We have good quality developers that could easily work for Palm with their knowledge. We by far have the strongest community out there. Precentral is what happens when people come together with one common goal.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    add the link to your signature so it shows up in every one of your posts today...

And update facebook/twitter/etc.

We are winning right now, but the MotoDroiders will eventually wake up.

Don't forget to ask your BlackBerry and iPhone friends to help a brother out, too.
    Great idea's. Let's all keep this going. I think in 3 days, we could easily get 70,000 votes.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Totally agree. There's more heads of ideas here than they can hire. We have good quality developers that could easily work for Palm with their knowledge. We by far have the strongest community out there. Precentral is what happens when people come together with one common goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Great idea's. Let's all keep this going. I think in 3 days, we could easily get 70,000 votes.
    I'd bet 52,487.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/02/2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    It seems to have slowed down a bit. Soon it will be the folks on the other side of the Atlantics turn. And I have to say that those are the saints in all this. Many of them have not had their new Palms that long and they have held the fort against the HTC and BB 9700.
    Here to our friends on the other side of the BIG pond.

Motorola Droid (VZW) 38% (6,685 votes)
    Palm Pre Plus (VZW) 62% (10,887 votes)
    Total Votes: 17,572
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    To tell you the truth guys, i had no idea that this was gonna be a three day poll until today, I wonder when is it gonna drastically slow down and both sides runs out of voters
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast