Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Welcome to the Official "Kick Droids ****" thread. Vote! Go Pre!
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  2.    #42  
    Yah they seem to be running late this morning as they usually are up by 9am EST...so not sure whats up...guess being Easter weekend most people are out of the office or running late.

UPDATE: From the looks up it, todays will be up in an hour or so...about 11:30AM EST from what I can tell from previous article postings.
    If we could win this... well, it'd be nice to have a feather in our cap, even if it's a virtual one.
    since the "other" crowd is cheating, might as well fight fire with fire, right?

To vote more than once, go here:

Opera Mini Simulator

load the voting poll site, make your vote, then close it out. Reopen and vote again....

(This is what "they" posted on their site)
    I wonder if their is a way for the Mod's to lock this thread down for only precentral members can only see it. The droid heads may come over here to look at our winning plan. Maybe somewhere along the lines where you have to be a registered member here with over at least 50 post counts in order to view our evil plan. Lol just an idea.
    Last edited by Menace187; 04/02/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    since the "other" crowd is cheating, might as well fight fire with fire, right?

To vote more than once, go here:

Opera Mini Simulator

load the voting poll site, make your vote, then close it out. Reopen and vote again....

(This is what "they" posted on their site)
    I've joked about this, but I have to know...seriously:

If this contest is this openly illegitimate, why does anyone bother participating in it? None of these "elections" are valid in the least. They signify nothing. They indicate nothing since the totals are so easily manipulated.

In fact, the only thing they seem to establish is who cheats more effectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I've joked about this, but I have to know...seriously:

If this contest is this openly illegitimate, why does anyone bother participating in it? None of these "elections" are valid in the least. They signify nothing. They indicate nothing since the totals are so easily manipulated.

In fact, the only thing they seem to establish is who cheats more effectively.
    I couldn't agree more, but unfortunately the truth of the matter is, whoever wins gets automatic PRPRPR $on$ $many$ $websites$. $Most$ $readers$ $who$ $haven$'$t$ $been$ $participating$ $will$ $think$ $that$ $the$ $winner$ $truly$ $is$ $the$ $best$ $phone$. $So$ $really$, $it$'$s$ $a$ &$quot$;$how$ $much$ $do$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $support$ $your$ $vendor$ $of$ $choice$ $and$ $broadcast$ $who$ $is$ $better$&$quot$; $than$ &$quot$;$who$ $is$ $really$ $better$&$quot$;.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    Link?
    +1
    I just Googled this contest, and aside from various minor fan sites for Android, WebOS, and the like, I couldn't find any sort of objective and notable site aside from Laptop Magazine itself that was covering this "competition".

Not sure how openly cheating to win an obscure contest "supports" WebOS or provides exposure in any way, shape, or form, but then again...I don't think this is about either of those things.
    This is a copy of what I posted at Laptopmags site. I know that there are many at BB and Apple that visit us here and I would like for them to see that we respect them for the product the use and who they are.

Iím glad to see the Droid has won. Anyone that knows even the basics of these phones could not have voted against the Droid. With that said though I find it to bad that the 3Gs and BB 9700 are not in the final 4. Laptopmag knew what should have been the best phones on the market and maybe should have set the 3Gs, Droid, Pre and 9700 in the 4 corners. It would have been more interesting to see the true fight in the end. The only true battle so far has been the Pre and 9700 which was a good fight and I am glad we got to get close with back and forth slugging with Crackberry. We at PreCentral respect you folks a lot. Thank you. I wish that you guys put up a tougher fight with the tour though.
    Anyway, With the talk of BB needing an updated OS, I hope that you BB owners will come out and support the Pre. It is a great phone for a first generation showing of WebOS and a total redesign of hardware. The next generation should be even better on the hardware end. Maybe Rim will talk with Palm and intergrate in some way the WebOS ideas and modernize BB OS. After all BB has a wonderful hardware and following. We can only hope. To the Apple followers. As I stated, it is to bad you were not in the final 4. Maybe it was due to everyone thinking it was a hands down win and no one voted. I would ask you also to help us with your votes against the Droid. After all it is many Apple employees that came over to Palm and helped create this new open OS which in doing so, set the bar a little higher. In the end it will only helps out everyone in advancing all OSís like some of the new Multi-tasking we are now seeing in the iPhones.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    As much as I believe the droid is the better phone, I am goin to vote for the team I'm on. We all know palm can use the exposure...

And where were you all when my pixi went down!!!
    Voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    As much as I believe the droid is the better phone, I am goin to vote for the team I'm on. We all know palm can use the exposure...

And where were you all when my pixi went down!!!
    +1 on the exposure. As far as the Droid being better then the Pre. In what manner? Hardware - maybe, software - no or overall?
    It was sad to see the Pixi go down. And it should have made it to the final 4 also. I voted for it. However if you look at all the phones and take the best from 4 different companies I can't see anything better the Pre plus, BB 9700, iPhone 3Gs and the Droid.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Voted.
    you did? I don't see the link yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    you did? I don't see the link yet
    I think andidendel was referencing the Pixi vote question.

OMG!!!! IT STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you to Derek and all the other Admins that have put this on the front page
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/02/2010 at 10:30 AM.

We want them!!!
    The Droids will be in there soon though!

I reckon this will be tough
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    i voted..s
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Just Voted. 658 to 201. We're still in the lead.
    voted a few times and left a comment too.... Droid is starting to catch fire so lets not lose momentum
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast