Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No, not without a gesture area. Plus I'm growing tired of WebOS issues. I don't get notified when a new text comes in anymore which is a giant issue. It seems like I'm running into new problems like this everyday. Can't stand it anymore. I want to like WebOS... but it's making it hard for me.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    People dream of this phone, including me.
    There are very select people that do not want this because they like a little phone or hardware keyboard (I don't care... I can live without a hardware keyboard if I get a big screen like that).

HTC Evo running WebOS with a gesture area at bottom. I'm SOLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Nope, not me. HTC in my experience has horrid build quality issues and the Pre has not failed me yet (tho the Oreo issue is annoying, but at least my screen doesn't crack!)
    that's really unusual because the general consensus is that HTC is kinda the king of mobile hardware
    This signature for rent
    Although I love WebOS I do like androids home screens, it serves more of a purpose for me. Cards are cool but i rarely have more than 2 open at a time
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

only if it had a keybroad
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    No, not without a gesture area. Plus I'm growing tired of WebOS issues. I don't get notified when a new text comes in anymore which is a giant issue. It seems like I'm running into new problems like this everyday. Can't stand it anymore. I want to like WebOS... but it's making it hard for me.

Open up the phone dialer... then go to preferences.. Scroll down to 'Update Network Settings' and tap on that... then tap on 'Update PRL' this should help. If you haven't rebooted your phone in a while.. reboot it after these updates.
    No keyboard, no bueno
  8.    #28  
    im fine with virtual keyboard
    I am totally on board with that idea! With as huge as the screen is, I doubt I would have issues getting used to a software keyboard again.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    An old thread reborn. nice
    I would miss having a physical keyboard.
    I think what is going on now is that we are coming into the area where we are going to ultimately have the device that has been in our minds but not in our hands in our hands very soon. The desktop transformed into the laptop and the phone transformed into a miniature computer. The iphone started alot of it but now htc is adding alot of the features on its smartphone that we have on our laptops.
    I guess what i'm trying to say is that without the keyboard how is the device supposed to be an ultimate hybrid.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    You'd get used to a virtual keyboard.
    Especially with Swype technology... I know a lot of people with iphones are used to it... and this phone has like a bigger screen.
    I really need a keyboard, but will consider if swype is ever available
    Can't afford it so, no I would not buy one in a heartbeat.
  14.    #34  
    shouldn't be too much pricier than pre
    I do not think it matters..... I think the new model(s) of Pre, hopefully on or about the year anniversary of the orginal Pre, will be a hit right out of the ball park!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  16.    #36  
    old thread is back
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Nope, not me. HTC in my experience has horrid build quality issues and the Pre has not failed me yet (tho the Oreo issue is annoying, but at least my screen doesn't crack!)
    Wow.... You serious? For me it's been the exact opposite... HTC is well known to make some of the best/solid smartphones in the market...

Hell... HTC even manufactured the Palm Centro...
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Although I love WebOS I do like androids home screens, it serves more of a purpose for me. Cards are cool but i rarely have more than 2 open at a time
    not a huge fan of android, but this is the one thing that I love about android, specifically with sense (as it looks far nicer). it makes the homescreen much more functional. I was thinking what if palm did this. gesture tap (pre plus and all newer models) to bring up homescreen with wdigets and today are ect. and gesture up to bring up cards as it is now. would make the phone twice as functional without killing anything. no one wuld HAVE to use widgets, but if they wanted to they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    that's really unusual because the general consensus is that HTC is kinda the king of mobile hardware
    hard to believe they evolved from audiovox-> UTstarcom-> HTC right? they did well changing it.

thank you mytether
  20.    #40  
    keep dreamin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast