Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    This is some footage i was shooting with the Pre shortly before its demise.
    Off topic this phone shoots very good video in my opinion.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    SeaWorld is an amusement park, but there's nothing amusing about denying marine mammals the right to live in peace with their families in the world's oceans--where they belong. As the recent death of a trainer in Orlando proves, depriving these intelligent animals of everything that is natural and important to them turns them into ticking time bombs. You're lucky your Pre was the only thing killed.

Yea, right, and it's all because of global warming to huh.
  3.    #23  
    Does anyone know if water permanently damages an lcd screen even after dry? I hate to drag this out but the phone is alive just the screen is gone, it lights up faintly. I'm gonna end up keeping it for parts like the battery, and back cover.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    You are lucky Shamu didn't kill you.
    Aren't you supposed to be with your iPhone forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be with your iPhone forums?
    Naw, I can't find anyone talking about it really. There aren't any stickies about problems or anything. There's MUCH more drama to read here.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Did you immediately take out the battery? If not, that could have fried it.

When your phone gets wet, take out the battery ASAP (without turning it on, even to just check it). Then put the phone in a bag of rice or silica gel to let it dry. It will work fine after that most of the time.
    That is what I did and it has worked fine every since. Did the same thing to my Grandson's phone and it worked for him also.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    Living in San Diego, I've grown up around Sea World. My thoughts:

Yes. Captive animals = Bad.

However, keeping a few whales captive, in order to educate and introduce their existence to the masses of people who would not otherwise even dream of the creatures, in my view is possibly acceptable.

It's something to be there in person with these whales. As a child, petting an actual whale did amazing things for my love of animals. .
    for the record, Orcas (killer whales) are dolphins NOT whales. I do agree with your point though

OP: you're kidding yourself if you think that you were sitting in the second row with your Pre in your shirt pocket, and only the back cover got wet
    Me and the family went to raging waters last year and wife made sure we were in the "electronics destruction" area for the Orca show. At that point I placed my Pre in the cargo pocket of my shorts and turned away from the dolphin any time it came near, splash or no splash. At the end of the show all of us were soaked from head to toe, but my phone survived.
    Shamu is an iPhone fan boi.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  9.    #29  
    *Update...ok so i've had my new replacement pre for a day or so now and i noticed something pertaining to build quality. On the old phone i always noticed a gap all around where the battery door meets the phone. I never thought much of it it wasn't huge. Now on the new phone there is a tight seal where cover meets the phone. Perhaps this tiny gap is what killed my phone because really i didn't feel it got wet to the point it would break. The build quality is different between the two...even the keyboard feels different on the new one as i compared the two. Hmm just made me wonder about quality control, this might have not happened.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12