1.    #1  
    i have a virgin Palm Pre (sprint, WEBos 1.4), no patches or anything done thru homebrew or quick install..... here is my issue: the keyboard stops working after a text message or even sitting around unused for about 10 minutes. i have to pull the battery out for about 10 minutes and then it re-starting the Pre, for the keyboard to work for another 10 minutes or so...

what can be causing this? does anyone else has experiences this problem too??

i need help, i love the pre, but this is getting anoying,... if it helps, i think the problem started after i installed Switcharoo (paid version)
    Sprint is offering the Pre through their Virgin Mobile MVNO? I didn't know about that. What WebOS version do you have? Use the (Device Info) icon.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

By "virgin" he meant untouched.

My keyboard stopped working immediately after upgrading to 1.4. I performed just one extended battery-drop reset and the keyboard hasn't flaked out on me since.

If your keyboard continually dies on you then I would take it back to Sprint. Either they can fix it or (more likely) replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    By "virgin" he meant untouched.

My keyboard stopped working immediately after upgrading to 1.4. I performed just one extended battery-drop reset and the keyboard hasn't flaked out on me since.

If your keyboard continually dies on you then I would take it back to Sprint. Either they can fix it or (more likely) replace it.
    Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah if the hardware is acting up, then it's better to just take it into Sprint and let them see what is wrong.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Just pull the battery out for about 5 minutes, this is a 1.4 related issue.
    Happened to me on webOS 1.1, so I wouldn't consider it 1.4 specific. And yes, pulling the battery and waiting a while (I think I only did 1 min, but not sure) did fix it, and has never happened since.

Or, if you have other issues, go to Sprint, I think they will offer you a replacement refurb phone for this.
    There is no specific fix for it as yet - apparently its a old issue that has arisen in 1.4 again - there is an "Official My Keyboard doesn't work" thread which advises what you are doing already.....

Lets hope 1.4.1 clears it up