1.    #1  
    Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else already; I searched for over an hour, but couldn't find a thread that really spoke to this, so....

Since 1.4 I've noticed some odd typing errors from my Sprint Pre. Specifically the space bar seems to not be working properly. I randomly get double spaces or no spaces at all when typing in all apps.

I took my Pre to Sprint, they tested it, and found no errors. My husband's Pre is doing the same thing however, and one of the reps at Sprint told me that her Pre is doing the same thing, and her's is pure stock, no homebrew or patching.

So my questions:
    1) Is anyone else having this problem?
    2) Any ideas on what the cause is?
    3) Is this a known error?
    4) Are there any known fixes?

Thanks in advance for any info and help folks!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    I get double or triple spaces in text messaging. Probably happens about 25% of the times I press the space bar. I was searching for info when I saw your post.

--Endel
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I also get this but with me it's operator error, the Pre's key's are so sensitive sometimes I double tap and I don't "feel" it. Sometimes it's because of my big fingers, I do pretty good and can get to typing accurately pretty D fast.

check out
    Mobile Typing Test: How Fast Can you Type on iPhone, Palm, Nokia, etc
    on your phone, it's fun.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yup, happening to me too. I assumed my keyboard was starting to go but maybe it is 1.4. That would be nice if Palm fixed it in 1.4.1.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Totally having the same issue since 1.4. I'm glad it's not just me, my phone July Pre has been flawless otherthan this.

Typed this on my Sprint Pre w/o making corrections to the spacing. Looks like it happened a few times typing this post.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Same here.
    i have been a pre user since they released last summer and am an avid texter and emailer.
    i was surprised to see the double or no spacing start up last week for me as well. never occurred to me it could be part of the update.
    nice to come here and realize i'm not crazy!
    I just started getting double-spacing today.... *sigh* I thought I was going to be one of the few to avoid any problems with 1.4.