1.    #1  
    Hello,

So as you might have guessed I dont have any patches or home brewed applications on my phone. I have had this phone from launch day and I had little to zero issues with it, until...... 1.4. Now with 1.4 my camera application does not work more of the time. I get the volume bug, but to make it worse it changes the volume up and down when I touch the screen.

Over all the phone is having major issues after 1.4. I dont know how to use WebDR or other tools. I just want my phone to work the way it was.

Yes I have tried to reset, pulled the battery and may other 'basic' steps but this is more than just a bit frustrating. I just want my phone to work the way it did.
    There is a new update over the horizon that is supposed to fix most of those bugs. Just hang in there until it arrives. If it bothers you that much you might be able to get it replaced at your local sprint/verizon store.
    Have you attempted to use webOS Doctor 1.4 on your phone?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Your answer is in the original post. The person has NOT used WebOS Doctor yet.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    No I have not. Im not even sure how to do that. I know that there are a number of threads about it but I guess I'm just expecting too much that Palm/Sprint not break my phone with their updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    Your answer is in the original post. The person has NOT used WebOS Doctor yet.
    Whoopsie daisy! I should have read more closely. My apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by prerbaca View Post
    No I have not. Im not even sure how to do that. I know that there are a number of threads about it but I guess I'm just expecting too much that Palm/Sprint not break my phone with their updates.
    I would recommend waiting on the upcoming update.

Don't be too hard on Palm about "breaking" your phone with their updates. It's an OS, and that's a recurring problem with any updates to any OS. For grins, check to see how often MS breaks/fixes updates to their updates.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I would recommend waiting on the upcoming update.

Don't be too hard on Palm about "breaking" your phone with their updates. It's an OS, and that's a recurring problem with any updates to any OS. For grins, check to see how often MS breaks/fixes updates to their updates.
    I understand the facts of life that bugs happen. However, when I want to take a quick picture of my kid and I cant. It becomes a bit frustrating. Most of the time my camera app just shows a black screen with the buttons on the bottom. Then 1 out of 8 times it just works. Then when it does work, I get the flashing volume bug.

Dont get me wrong, my phone does have the twisting oreo issue and some of the other minor problems that people freak out over. Its just odd to me that an update like this can get released that prevents major functions on my phone from working.

I guess I should just wait it out and hope that 1.4.x fixes the issues.
    Take it to a Sprint store and they will doctor it for you. Takes 5 minutes. Upgrading from 1.3.5 to 1.4 sucked, but doctoring it made it work much better for me.
    since your phone is already fubared, you should try preware and see what you've been missing!
  11.    #11  
    Any other ideas or tricks to get my camera working? Right now (started with 1.4) the camera app just shows a black screen with the photo roll image, the green shutter button, the flash/auto button and the video icon.
    This is the entire reason that the WebOS Doctor even exists.

Large, deep OS updates often break things. So Palm made the WebOS Doctor so that you can fix your phone when it breaks, because it can.

Try the WebOS Doctor, it is extremely easy. Here's a link: Palm - webOS Doctor - Select your device

If you have problems running the WebOS Doctor, then feel free to get help here.
  13.    #13  
    I hope it is easier to use then to download. When I click on the 'Download' button I get a page can not be found.