Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    This is my 4th Palm pre plus! Because i own the phone past 30 days, i now have a Refurbished POS!!

Just synced my phone and started typing and it did a double type.....

My experience is that the double typing slowly gets worse over time, with each phone i had. Im realy upset because i love Webos!

I have no choice but to swicth my phone and all others at work to blackberrys...what a shame.

im thinking its a hardware issue, since the issue gets worse over time....
    this might be worthy of a recall?
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    I'm on my 4th Pre. Only one of the phones suffered this issue and it was a launch date refurb
    I'm certain it's software. I have a launch day Pre and the problem only started for me after 1.4.

If anyone has a different experience, let me know.
    It's a software issue. Unless a button is stuck, it is impossible for a unit to signal to the software to type twice. Only software can signal this. Doctor it and it should be fine.

And I've never had it happen to my phone.
    I replaced my phone for this issue and the replacement was better for about a month. Now, slowly, extra chars are creeping in here and there like the old phone. I doctored about a week ago and have been very careful with deploying apps. I currently have no patches, no preware, and only a couple of apps. While I originally thought this was a software issue, I'm leaning more towards defective key design. While some people claim to have never seen it, plenty of people have seen it.
    Are these Pre Pluses? I am still on my launch day Sprint Pre and it still does everything beautfully, even typing.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My Preeee Plusss has done this since daaay one. I figgureed it was something I hadd to liive witth. I would love to knoow if theere is a fixx.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Its a hardware issue for sure because it gets worse as you use the phone. Even after a clean install it still does this.

i smell a major recall. This would kill palm...final nail?
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    yeah my pre plus does it as well... and getting worse. It used to be just the N and H keys, but now it does it with more letters and much more frequently
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    It's a software issue. Unless a button is stuck, it is impossible for a unit to signal to the software to type twice. Only software can signal this. Doctor it and it should be fine.

And I've never had it happen to my phone.
    typical response fro.someone whos never experienced how frustrating this is. It's hardware, the first time I took my phone in the guy said he sprayed compressed air onto it, and it was fixed. Three days later back to the same crap. Finally got a new one
    interesting, I had the double type issue quite a bit originally, but it has actually gotten MUCH better, and I'm still on my original pre plus...i think the more you use the buttons, the better it gets, or atleast it has for me. The rare times it happens now is if the phone temporarily lags, as if some process is going on in the background. What background processes do you have running when typing?
    For me, its the "s" key. Can't stand it. It is getting worse witch tells me its hardware.

ET
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre never double typed until 1.4... Could this be a software issue?
    my sprint pre doesnt do this b4 or after 1.4
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm on my third Pre Plus. It double typed before 1.4, so it's not that. It might be something else, but my bet is hardware.
    no double typing here, use the kb extensively.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    My 1st pre plus double typed and I just got it replaced. My second one is doing it again now, but the letters are different. Very odd and very irritating. How is this not been figured out by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    This is my 4th Palm pre plus! Because i own the phone past 30 days, i now have a Refurbished POS!!

Just synced my phone and started typing and it did a double type.....

My experience is that the double typing slowly gets worse over time, with each phone i had. Im realy upset because i love Webos!

I have no choice but to swicth my phone and all others at work to blackberrys...what a shame.

im thinking its a hardware issue, since the issue gets worse over time....
    this might be worthy of a recall?
    I am surprised you received a refurb this early in the product cycle. I just had mine replaced last week because of a defective camera and it was a new unit. It came in the small white box but it is definately a new unit. Did you try typing ##786# in the phone app to see if it is a refurb? That will tell you if/when it was refurbished.

By the way my last unit did not double type at all and neither does my current one. They both had excellent keyboards.

Good luck.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    no double typing on my Sprint Pre with 1.4.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Double type on the pre plus is a software bug. Feel free to keep turning in your phone though and having to resync everything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast