Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. thegov's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I haven't really seen any threads from users who have experienced both and thread suggestions didn't reveal anything.
    Does the Palm Pre Plus perform better than the Palm Pre? Or, do they both have the same quirks and similar lags etc...I'm asking b/c june is around the corner, and I'm happy w/my Sprint Palm Pre, but haven't seen anyone say they like their Verizon Pre better. Actually it seems they both have the same quirks. I definately like the Sprint plans better and I'm not posting this thread to get advice on whether to change carriers. I'm just trying to get an idea if there would be an advantage to the plus coming to sprint other than more storage.

    any ideas? or experience with both models?

    thanks

    Treo 300>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Samsung Instinct>>Palm Pre
  2. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #2  
    There is a video on youtube showing how you can open 50cards on Pre Plus, without any errors. Not to mention the speed cards are opened...
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  3. #3  
    The plus won't run any faster. But you can have more programs open at any given time.
  4. #4  
    yes
  5. #5  
    Never had the "too many cards open error" on my Pre Plus.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Never had the "too many cards open error" on my Pre Plus.
    I'm jealous
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Never had the "too many cards open error" on my Pre Plus.
    Never had the error on my minus.
  8. #8  
    even for 3d games, dame now I'm really jealous chud.
  9. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Never had the error on my minus.
    Do you restart every time you open and close an app?

    Cause I get it every time I try to open Sims 3 or any other heavy game.
    Native apps close and open without memory leaks. I wish 3rd party apps were like that.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Do you restart every time you open and close an app?

    Cause I get it every time I try to open Sims 3 or any other heavy game.
    Native apps close and open without memory leaks. I wish 3rd party apps were like that.
    no. i only restart after i add or remove a patch. and the only time i can recall having to pull the battery was because of some huge email that i received that was freezing the email app to the point of the whole phone slowing down to a crawl.

    honestly, i dont even know what the too many cards error looks like. i think i saw a screen shot once or twice, but thats it.
  11. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    no. i only restart after i add or remove a patch. and the only time i can recall having to pull the battery was because of some huge email that i received that was freezing the email app to the point of the whole phone slowing down to a crawl.

    honestly, i dont even know what the too many cards error looks like. i think i saw a screen shot once or twice, but thats it.
    Do you use heavy applications?
    I never got it until I started playing 3d games.

    Otherwise, I can keep around 10-20 LIGHT apps running.
    It'll make my Pre a bit sluggish though =/
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Do you use heavy applications?
    I never got it until I started playing 3d games.

    Otherwise, I can keep around 10-20 LIGHT apps running.
    It'll make my Pre a bit sluggish though =/
    when im at home i dont leave anything open, but when i go out ill have messenger, phone, facebook, twitter, browser and camera and then google maps or nav depending on where im going.

    if i play one of the 3D games, ill close all the apps, but i dont restart.

    i know this is a fluke but really ive had no problems with this phone, either software or hardware.
  13. #13  
    Hi all, I am guessing, for those of you who got their Pre on Sprint when it first came out. I am sure that there will be a PRE II or what ever they call it, sometime around the time that the Pre would be celebrating it's first Anniversary! I could be wrong, but that is my guess! In that case, I would think the PRE II will run rings around the Orginal PRE & the Pre Plus. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  14. AshDOG's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #14  
    My friend has the Sprint Palm Pre, and I got the Verizon Palm Pre (didn't get reception in my house with Sprint). We both loaded Asphalt 5 and mine probably did it 12 seconds faster. Give or take I probably had some windows opened. They've definatley noticed the speed difference. Now it's not to the point I would say throw a Pre away and get a Plus. But if you had the choice, go with the Plus.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Never had the "too many cards open error" on my Pre Plus.
    Never had the "too many cards" error on my Sprint Pre.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    when im at home i dont leave anything open, but when i go out ill have messenger, phone, facebook, twitter, browser and camera and then google maps or nav depending on where im going.

    if i play one of the 3D games, ill close all the apps, but i dont restart.

    i know this is a fluke but really ive had no problems with this phone, either software or hardware.


    Not really a fluke, I've never had any serious issues with either hardware or software yet. Once, I got the too many cards error, after installing Assasin's Creed, took me a quick look to see that it's an issue resolved by rebooting.

    Otherwise, I've been very happy. Dang happier than on WinMo.
  17. #17  
    I don't get too many card errors often (SPrint) But I have been training a co worker on her plus. It is zippier.
  18. #18  
    yes it outperforms the SPrint Pre.... I have had average of 7 cards open without the cards error. ANd i can run multiple 3D games at a time.
  19. moegumby's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #19  
    Yes the Plus is faster, Twice the memory is the reason why
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    Yes the Plus is faster, Twice the memory is the reason why

Posting Permissions